Nasty Z28 Challenge

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by THNDER, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Devildog

Devildog Veteran Member

Hmmmm.....I would never have tried this trip in my car with my 4 speed but now that I have a Tremec 5 speed, this could be a possibility.

2. clay's70

clay's70 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Here is my junk on the show field in 2012-lol It was Friday am cars rollin in.
    [​IMG]

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

3. yoyo74

yoyo74 Veteran Member

My car is at the body shop now but might be done But I am not sure I would drive 5 hours with a 4 speed and 3.73. I do have a truck and trailer but how much fun is that gonna be.

4. 69LM1

69LM1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Like I said, the show is very accommodating. They even have a charity sponsorship and the guys and ladies really work hard to make a great show.

Don't get me wrong, I like the big shows like MCACN..... But this is a show that you can really just relax and have a great time at. From the high end barn with the "special" cars to the beaters out in the field, everyone seems more relaxed and sociable.

Rich

5. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

I have driven my "non-show" car 77Z to Pennsylvania to the old ICC Nationals with a 454/auto/3.73's. But....I was younger than and gas was cheaper. ;)

6. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Thanks for posting that Laine. I was about to do a search to do a when/where/whatever...;)

But I'll be at the road course near Sonoma, CA that weekend at a car show where I sit still and the cars come parading by me...:D

7. david.rosol

david.rosol Veteran Member

If they have a class for the "unfinished" I guess you could call it :crazy: .... I'll be there! Only like 2 hours from me. Don't want to drive up there if I can't put it in the show and hang out with the people. Looks like a great time from what I've seen on past threads on this site.

8. ronzz572

ronzz572 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Any 2nd Gen camaro will be welcomed to the show and the nasty z28 challenge. Finished, unfinished, non show cars are there every year. I look forward to seeing the everyday driver cars as well the show cars. This show is the best all camaro show in the nation.

9. 1970 gold

1970 gold Veteran Member

I would love to show my car but way too far to drive.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  10. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

You can absolutely put it in the show. They have a non-judged category, also,a "participant vote." Either one gets you parking on the show field, but you don't even need to bring a car to hang out with the NastyZ folks.:cool: We (and by we, I mean Clay and Wayne's wife Alise, mostly...) cook out on Saturday at the tent (on the main part of the show field).

Truthfully, the cars are secondary to the show for me. I like hanging out with my 2nd (if slightly dysfunctional) family.