nathans on central ave is getting torn down

Discussion in 'New York Regional' started by twozs, Nov 16, 2012.

1. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

enough said . it's sad . a party this weekend and gone . they used to steam corned beef briskets and pastrami for slicing there . huge hot rod gathering spot also . central ave in Westchester was huge in the car culture in the area . curry was about 2 miles down the road and scarsdale ford was about a mile or less from Nathans ... [​IMG].......... scarsdale ford and curry chevrolet are still there !...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3_OkgtgBjo&feature=relmfu

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  2. dkcamaro

dkcamaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I remember it years back, quite a few Friday and Saturday nights hagging out there. Rows of nice cars, racing on Central ave and having a great time! The good old days, wish they would come back.

3. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Wow, that sucks. Another Central Ave legend gone! I miss Skips speed shop, and Tower Records. I used to live in both places.

We still go to Nathans few times a year. I have our income taxes done close by, so we take the kids there for lunch and games.

I did notice that place was hitting the bottom of the barrel tho. Mongoloid employees who barely spoke english isnt exactly who i want putzing with my food. :/

Back in "my day"...early 90's....that place was hopping. We used to cruise up from the bronx and just car watch from the parking lot. The video games were fun too.

4. 73RATTYZ28

73RATTYZ28 Veteran Member

Back in the 80's I once received 5 tickets at one time from one "nice" yonkers cop! All that for simply chirping second and third leaving that Nathans. Illegal hood scoop (4" snorkel) illegal exhaust (header mufflers) unsafe driving, expired inspection and a brakelight out. Thankfully the judge had a liking of cars and pleaded me down to only no inspection!

5. slayer74

slayer74 Veteran Member

they recently rebuilt that nathans,right where the old one was,havent been inside yet but if they still have the same crop of employees i wouldnt bother and dont you just love YPD(the most corrupt police depatrment ever)i rember cruzin central back in the day when i had my 76,just not the same anymore

6. secondgenfan

secondgenfan Veteran Member

Wow this thread brings back memories! Purchased many parts at skips? I tried to make the gathering they had before they closed but couldn't.

Spent many a quarter at the arcade at that Nathans. Anyone remember the Crazy Eddies on central? Purchased my stereo and speakers for my car there.

Anyone remember the Wedge Inn in the Bronx?? Good times!!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  7. slayer74

slayer74 Veteran Member

was sad to see skip gone-shame

8. dkcamaro

dkcamaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Wedge Inn just had a reunion party a couple of weeks ago

9. secondgenfan

secondgenfan Veteran Member

I heard! Buddy of mine attended. He ran into a car he sold someone many, many years ago! Only thing that changed on the car was the paint. Besides that he said it was a flash back in time. Great stuff.