need advice on head gaskets for my 383 stroker

franks70camaro

Veteran Member
Jul 6, 2009
fayetteville nc
ok i posted b4 n got thoughts on head gaskets the felpro 1094 was sugested heres what i have for a motor i have procomp heads n for some reason there recomending using the felpro 1003 will this b right wit the quench for my set up ???
383 stroker flat top hyperutectic 4 valve relief 30 over pistons part number h345np
comp cams xe 270 roller cam
my heads are procomp 210 runner 64 cc heads
running a eddy rpm airgap intake
1.6 roller rockers
so my question is can any one tell me the head gasket i should b using wit this set as i need to buy my gaskets monday n wanna get it right . i see all this talk about getting quench right n see the number 040 around alot im new to this so i need help all advice would b appreciated
also wondering if my cam is a lil small for what i have n if so what would u guys recomend in a bigger roller cam from comp cam

Damon

Veteran Member
Nov 16, 2000
Philly area
That's a lot thicker than the 1094. It's a composition-style gasket with the usual features. A step up from the regular old "blue" rebuilder head gasket. But also a lot thicker than a steel shim-type gasket like the 1094. I assume you were looking at the 1094 to get the quench distance tighter?

franks70camaro

Veteran Member
Jul 6, 2009
fayetteville nc
damon im just trying to make sure i got the right gaskets n want the motor to run right i only got enough money to do it once im limited income im new to all this not sure how quench n all that other stuff comes into play thats why im asking for help wit the procomp heads i have all the sites say use the gasket they recomend for the heads wich is the felpro 1003 why would they do that if it woent give me 40 quench like every one says you would want ??? so would u say wit my posted set up n parts i need the 1094 n id b safe see the deal is i built a 383 n has 3000 miles n blew a head gasket i didnt do the top end so no idea what gaskets were used so now i gotta get gasket to re assembly the motor n im lost i need help plus wit running aluminum heads i wanna make sure i get a head gasket that would b safe to use for aluminum heads

Latest posts