need advice on shock set up wit relocarion cross bar

franks70camaro

Veteran Member
Jul 6, 2009
fayetteville nc
need advice on shock set up wit relocation cross bar comp engineering c-3019

so im installing the comp engineering shock relocation cross bar part number c-3019 what shocks would i use wit this and with calvert caltracks need part numbers plz all advice needed probly need more parts as well has any one done this

Scott51

Veteran Member
Jan 2, 2012
New Zealand
Calvert's caltrac leaf spring mount for a 1st gen Camaro works well for this (has shock mount tabs in the right place and is otherwise identical to the 70-81 part) If you haven't ordered your caltracs yet you could get the ones for a 67-69 as all the other parts are compatible.

Shocks come down to how much you want to spend and how serious you are about chasing those 1/4 mile times. Rancho adjustables seem to be the most commonly recommended, economical option I've seen, otherwise QA1 or Strange but $$

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
franks70camaro said:
so im installing the comp engineering shock relocation cross bar part number c-3019 what shocks would i use wit this and with calvert caltracks need part numbers plz all advice needed probly need more parts as well has any one done this

If you're running Calvert Racing Cal tracs I would go to their website www.calvertracing.com and look up their rear 9 way adjustable shocks . When selecting these shocks follow the drop down menus and it will show you upper/lower mounts and shock location

When on Calverts website and their rear shocks it will ask you .....

Has the shock location moved from OEM location

What is the shock mount configuration for top mount

Shocks mount configuration for bottom mount

There will be a diagram you click to view and will show shock mount location , looking at picture correspond location with # then fill in corresponding box

Last edited:

franks70camaro

Veteran Member
Jul 6, 2009
fayetteville nc
already got the caltracks so i guues i need to change the bottom plate to a 67 to 69 model to make this work dam that sucks tnx for the info wish there was a way to do it wit the regular 70 shock plates

Latest posts