Need help figuring out a 71 color

BillyDean7173

Final Six
May 21, 2014
Hutto, TX
Y'all did a great job! Very cool that you added the neck and gas cap. Great detail.
Agreed that you don't want it to look like it's braking. We don't brake for Mustangs around here, lol. :bowtie:

speed_m5

Veteran Member
Apr 17, 2010
Baytown Texas
I built one my self a couple years ago. I’m working on a RS front one now
1BE6DBA1-643C-4475-93AD-1EF6F1D88646.jpeg

Blu-By-U 79Z

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 11, 2009
Kentucky
That’s awesome! I picked up a rough 70-73 front nose that I plan to make a wall hanger from also! Hope it turns out as nice as yours.

OFLHLG

Aug 29, 2010
Finksburg, md
Years back I bought a 71 RS for parts. Mainly for the front end parts. Not sure what life the poor girl led, but it was a rough one. Car was a roller with an 81 front clip on it. All the RS parts came with it as well. Some new, Some original. All off the car. No title, plus the dash was missing, vin was cut out & trim tag gone. Had Trans Am seats & interior pieces. Had enough good used parts & some new parts to make it worth the purchase. I pulled all the parts off of it & scrapped the shell. I decided to cut the back off of it & make some wall art. Now for my question. Car was red, but when I tore it apart I found blue under the package tray. I would like to paint my wall art the original color. But with no TT I cant be sure of the color. I saved a piece of the package tray & enclosed some pics. Prolly hard to tell from the pics, but do you guys think its Ascot or Mulsanne?? View attachment 69981 View attachment 69980 View attachment 69979 View attachment 69980 View attachment 69981
Mulsanne