Need help with inside hood release setup for 71 RS

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by dave@ztech, Jul 3, 2020.

1. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hi,
    So because of the BOLT in RS grill billet parts I bought from Eddie , there is no easy way to access the hood release , so I looked to see what I could find , and I found nothing , seems that Trans Am's had inside hood release not 2nd gen Camaro's , has anyone had luck making something or buying something that will work on a 71 RS style ?
    Thanks

2. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Dave it’s definitely a pain in the tailpipe opening up the hoods on my 71RS the pictures of mine was the best I could align the release handle with the slot in my grill FC6535F0-C84D-41DA-9AF2-C96CD0512D6A.jpeg 3C50B775-0B0B-462C-9C42-757932967829.jpeg

dave@ztech likes this.
  3. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

that set up i made for mine works good its posted on project progress ,update on 71 progress i was also able to eliminate the (hole in grille) which was part of original reason .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    dcozzi and dave@ztech like this.
  4. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

thats pretty cool!!

hubedobeedo likes this.
  5. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

after having 3 of these that was 1 thing that i really did not like on them. knowing that it was not going to be number match i decided that there would be things i wanted to do different on it which is why i have done things different than factory. the one thing that i really didn't change was the basic body , most of what i have done is bolt on so theoretically the car could be put back to original ,but i doubt many people want a str.6 glide no power steering brake or a/c and a 308 1 legger 14 in tires. when i got it it was a mess. and i saw no going back. i have seen a couple of very nice 6 cyl. that were original and thought wouldn't that be a kick to show side by side. thanks for your response, back to work!

6. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

Same here...my car was 307/350 2 barrel originally. If it was a 70 RS Z28, Id probably go back to original...Im keeping most of the 70 specific items, so I dont lose the 70 uniqueness, but everything else is fair game.