NEED HELP WITH TICKET

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & Diagnosis' started by scottsdale_camaro_guy, Jun 30, 2004.

1. scottsdale_camaro_guy

scottsdale_camaro_guy New Member

Well I knew it would happen when I got the car. It just drives to well. I have this problem going the speed limit. My problem is im 18 and I just got a criminal speeding ticket. Insurance is already 300a/mo for liability only and with this ticket and the other one (other one isnt criminal) insurance is going to kill me and I might lose my License! I love the car I am un-able to not drive it. I would go to jail and jail is bad. never been to jail im a good kid who goes to fast to often. Is there anything I can do to get out of a criminal ticket. Any ideas are good ideas.
    thanks for reading,
    Ben

2. rscamaro73

rscamaro73 Administrator Staff Member

Well, if you're going to post part of the information, it won't help us (or you) out.

How fast were you going and what were the conditions on the road, or anything else that happened to you ???

Most of us have gotten tickets in the past. Some for over 100....so we live and get over it....

3. scottsdale_camaro_guy

ticket reads like this:
    Speed|aprox 88|posted 65|r&p65|speed measurment device radar|direction of travel N/B|location I-17 mp 212| precinct N valley|county Maricopa|state of Arizona||
    the defendant committed the following
    section 28-74-02a3|violation Criminal speed 85+|court date is july 21 04

it was 1:50 in the morning and i was in a hurry trafic was lite weather was clear. DPS car was sitting on the side of the road with no lights at all on (normaly they have parking lights on) i was going 100 somthing wich i know is dumb i saw the DPS car (too late) and managed to slow down to 88. I knew what i did was wrond and i dont have a Z28 or ss so i knew i couldnt win even if i tryed to run so i pulled over immeaditly and was polite and respectful to the officer.
    thanks for reading,
    Ben

4. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nice one, 100? Why would a cop leave his parking lights on? They never do here. Put a brick under the gas pedal so you can't go over 60. Next time you want to do 100, go down the road first and look for cops, then return the other way blasting.

5. scottsdale_camaro_guy

well i wasnt trying to top it out or ne thing a fryend of mine is in the middle of a messy Dvorc and was thinkin Bad thoughts i had to make shure he was ok.
    that dose not make it rite... i mean its still bad. but my friends a rly good person and ide hate for him to do somthin to hurt himself. im not trying to justify it or any thing just explaining why i didnt look for cops first.

[This message has been edited by scottsdale_camaro_guy (edited June 30, 2004).]

6. archemedes

archemedes Veteran Member

you were at least double the limit, so thta's reckless driving, which used to mean suspended license. I don't want ot sound like a jerk but if your going to drive like that maybe you deserve the ticket that's what will slow you down. I have worked too many accidents to feel sorry for you I guess

------------------
    To err is human; but to really screw things up
    requires a computer.

Give blood play hockey!

7. scottsdale_camaro_guy

well i do see what you are saying and yes i know that it was wrong. but the limit is 65 and i was clocked at 88 said i was goin nearly 100. Now bolth of those are too fast but weres the double?? also bare in mind the trafic was Very lite. im a good driver and drive in Scca. i know this dose not make this rite. what i did was wrong. but now i need to know how i can keep my license. beleave me i know i am a moron for doing it and dont plan on doing it again. but now i need to deal with what ive done.

8. rscamaro73

rscamaro73 Administrator Staff Member

Well, you MIGHT not lose your priveledges if you don't have a ton of prior speeding tickets.....

On the other hand....if you explain to the issuing office that you were headed somewhere "in due regard" trying to help prevent something from happening....maybe he'll change it to disobeying a road sign or something like that.

I HIGHLY doubt he'll change it. Guess if you get a suspension, you'll have to live with it like the rest of us have (me included).

9. scottsdale_camaro_guy

i value your input rscamaro73 thanks.

10. zerex

zerex Veteran Member

Second on is prolly going to kill you, just need to learn to control your foot. Have had many fast cars (80 monza 283/4sp/78 fireturd,71 camaro,81 Monte Carlo just to name a few). I love to drive fast but you have to control yourself I have only had one speeding ticket every and was able to diversion it. Have you already done this? Not sure if Arizona has this or not (some states have gotten rid of it) where you go to traffic school and then if you don't have another ticket for a year it goes away. If you get another you are SOL. Still need to learn to control your left foot or you will get to a point where you never will get to drive and that would suck even worse than losing your license until your 21 :p

------------------
    Vincent Michels
    1977 Type LT Camaro
    1978 K5 Blazer