NEED HELP WITH TICKET

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & Diagnosis' started by scottsdale_camaro_guy, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Skaal-tel 79

Skaal-tel 79 Veteran Member Gold Member

Time to evaluate your priorities. Plan for the worst- you will get the ticket, you will pay a hefty fine, you will lose your license. Ask yourself if it's worth it to pay the insurance on your sports car when you can't drive it. Either mothball the car till you have a license and cut off the insurance or sell it. Spend the cash on a bus pass [​IMG]

I know this is the worst possible eventuality, but honestly man- that's going too damn fast even in km/h [​IMG]

If you decide to plead guilty with an explanation (if possible in the USA) you may get off easy.. I've sat in on a court session where everyone who whined about this or that got 20-40 bucks off their ticket.

don't bet on it.

moral of the story here is don't do highway speeds on a city road with cops.

2. scottsdale_camaro_guy

scottsdale_camaro_guy New Member

thanks for your input. However the place were i got the ticket I-17.... IS A highway. note: the posted speed is 65. also if it was in Kmh i would have been goin about 13mph (20.917kmh) Under the speed limit. :)

3. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

S_C_Guy,
    I hate it for ya. Been there done that! I did manage to save my permit by jumping in the next available driving class at the local community college on a "voluntary basis"(this took five points off my permit here in Va). If you don't make it in on a voluntary basis the judge will likely sentence you to one and then it doesn't count as much in terms of reducing points towards your permit.
    Just thought you might want to check into it before the court date and see if you can get in. Might help, don't know. Stay safe, I'm sure your friend wouldn't have wanted something to happen to you on his account. Not to lecture you, I'm just concerned. See, at that speed even a small animal running out into the road would have terrible consequences. I've had demolished cars and wasn't even my fault. You just don't realize how long it takes to slow down from a 100 til you need to really fast.
    Take care,

------------------
    John Wright

4. ZYAL8R

ZYAL8R Veteran Member Gold Member

I dont know if it will work in AZ but I have heard of a few guys here in Ky that have gooten out of tickets but it will still cost you some cash. O.K here is how it works. If the ticket is a payable ticket and you do not have to go to court you send a check in for $10 dollars over the amount the ticket was for. Say the ticket is $200 send a check in for $210. This makes them send you a refund check for $10 bucks and as long as you do not cash the check it will not go on your record. I have a friend who did this a few weeks ago and it worked for him. We ran his MVR last week and the ticket did not show up. It kinda creates a bleep in the system because when you do not cash the check they cannot clear the books on that ticket so it just kinda sits in limbo.

5. Arstine

Arstine Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Come on guys, at least make an effort before passing out this kind of info.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp

As for the ticket, sounds like you are going to have to pay up. Light traffic, he had you before you were close enough to know he was there since he didn't have lights on. I would go with the other suggestions and try to get in to a class. After that, find a track to do your "fun" driving. If not for the tickets, just think of the other people on the road that you could make a mess out of.

6. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks for sharing, someone might even fall for a scheme like that one. It looked and even read sort of convincing.

------------------
    John Wright

7. ZYAL8R

ZYAL8R Veteran Member Gold Member

I am not condoning his actions in any way. As far as I am concerned If you play you pay. But as far as the little overpay scheme goes the guy here at work that did it has not had the ticket show up on his MVR yet and it has been at least 3 months. I dont know if I would try it but it has seemed to have worked for him. Then again I am not going to put myself in the position to need to use it.

8. 73454

73454 Guest

That is exactly what I said.

9. Chevolet Dave

Chevolet Dave Member

Ben,we all love cars and speed which sometimes we just cant seem to resist. But there is time and place for everything. Youll need to figure out just where they are. If I was to see a car going 100 on a public hyway or street ,I would be pretty upset and would hope a cop would catch them,as harmless as you think it is you are endangering other peoples lives and you dont have the right to do that. Ive got a 19 yr old son and Ive tought him to respect the laws for safety reasons but also for the financial repercussions of speeding and if he chooses not to he'll be the one paying,just like you.Are you paying the insurance bills? at 300 a month how can you afford it at age 18 or are your parents paying it ? If you are I would think that a dollar bill would mean a whole lot more to you and you would think to yourself whats more important, the right to drive and extra money per month or going fast because it feels good. Hope you understand ,Im not trying to ride you but youve done the deed and now you will have to pay and you will pay dearly untill your 25 and married ,I know I sure did. So wake up right now and get a grip on whats really important in life!!

------------------

10. scottsdale_camaro_guy

scottsdale_camaro_guy New Member

thanks for all your replys. to anser Chevolet Dave yes, i do pay my insurance bills. i pay for them by working very hard and a "buck" has alot of valu with me. i just make stupid mistakes. also i do understand no one is here to ride my ass about it. like ive said lots of times b4 i know i messed up and it was wrong.

thanks for the replys,
    Ben