need ideas...jobs that pay

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by cody, Jan 11, 2008.

1. 79camaro2001

79camaro2001 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

that is the beginning bracket.

If you know what you are talking about around here you can make 6 figures in the oil field real easily.

2. theflash

theflash Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That is true, but only in certain fields. In the manufacturing industry (like I have been in for 20+ years) I often see engineers making less than I do.

3. 79camaro2001

79camaro2001 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

you said it manufacture engineers, why pay American engineer good money when they can get a chinese man across sea do it cheaper.

Oil field is not their play field.

4. PSV

PSV New Member

Rph

If you are willing to put in the work at school and can handle stress and dealing with the public at their worst ( when they are sick ), then you can't beat the pay and demand of retail pharmacy as a pharmacist. You will make at least 6 figures the day you get your license and can write your own check for a sign on bonus. If you are willing to relocate to areas with shortages 25 to 40K sign-on bonus is the norm.

5. Bill77

Bill77 Veteran Member

I'm a mechanical PE in Louisiana - can't complain

6. MIDNIGHTBLUE

MIDNIGHTBLUE Veteran Member

4-7 years of education while being a CO is not as easy as it sounds. If you get a couple of degrees you may want to promote. If your state pays poorly in the field you are in, move.

With the economy things may be much better in 4-7 years, myself I have considered executive security. If my back gets fixed I may take the executive security courses in Colorado. Threat assessment and security are high paying jobs.

Smart move on the education, I Fd up and chose massive amounts of OT over the years and all I have to show for it are a chunk of change and a lousy busted back.

"Don't be fool and stay in school.....YO!"

7. jdove

jdove Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dude if'n you got the goods. Be a ho. They make big tax free money.

In all seriousness tho. The aerospace industry is projecting huge engineering losses. Find out the most needed engineering job, go after it and work for NASA...;)

8. rscamaro73

rscamaro73 Administrator Staff Member

Hey....they got trains in Fla....see if they're hiring for engineers and if they're offering schooling for the position....most places do, and the pay is :)

9. TN80Cam

TN80Cam Member

Try searching the internet for "fastest growing careers" or something similar. You can also look in the Occupational Outlook Handbook on the Department of Labor's website for information about the jobs and their projected growth. This might give you an idea of which type of jobs are expected to bring in the money in the coming years.

Do you want to change jobs or fields? If you don't mind the criminal justice or corrections fields you may be able to switch jobs within the field. This would allow you to list your experience as an asset when you look for that new job.

Hope this helps.

10. Battmann

Battmann Veteran Member

i'd say some kind of engineering, pharmacist or pharmaceutical rep.
    i know you can make upwards of $100K just being a pharmacist at a Rite Aid or Wal-greens.