Need new battery for DD opinions?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 72'z'steve, Dec 11, 2019.

1. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

How time flies!! the batteries in wifeys and my z-2 are 5 years old,exides bought at menards same time,6 degrees this morning-2am,hers cranked fine,mine lazy but not bad-but only sat 9 hours.I usually change them every 5 and keep them and give a junker core [I find them every where].I see menards now carries the cheap a/c delco,The auto parts stores are CRAZY with their prices.Won't buy a walmart one [had problems with last 2 had to unleash my elderly dad on them at the time plus the walmart thing LOL] I seem to remember they are only a couple of manufacturers.I'm not that saaavy to do the discount/rebate blah blah blah at advance,guy at work did it on his phone at the place and ended up actually getting a fair price on one. Group75 battery
    Funny,the last take out [now 10 years old] is in the z and spins it over like mad,got the other one in the tractor and it works too!!!!
    Sorry about the epic-Advise? Later Steve!!

2. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

The batteries in my diesel went July last year after 4 yrs(actually only the drivers side & I guess it’s common on the Cummins).
    Went to Advanced, the manager gave me the 25% in both, walked out with 2 AGMs for about $300.

the Exide at Menards & Home Depot are trash, 1 winter only.

3. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I roll with Interstate for the last 10 years in three vehicles. Never a problem. I swap them out about 7 years in, before they give me any issue.

4. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I find that brand doesn't seem to matter. Every brand of battery I've ever had eventually failed. One or two lasted around 10 years, but most of them died around 5 years. I shop by price and cranking amps. The most cranking amps for the dollar seem to perform best for me.

5. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

I second the Interstate recommendation. Costco sells them so does AAA

6. Gary S

I've had only one Interstate battery. I bought it at the Interstate store locally. It wasn't the best battery I've owned by a long shot. After the first couple of years, it refused to take a charge in really cold weather. About once a week I had to put a trickle charger on it to fill it back up. The 100 amp alternator on the vehicle wouldn't do the job. In warm weather, it worked just fine. Replacing that battery with an Energizer battery solved that problem.

7. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm confused, it doesn't mater but it does?

I buy Delco because I get them at the city's price. I've changed batteries out here every 3 years, almost like clock work. They lasted quite a bit longer in Cali.

8. Gary S

No, it doesn't matter. With any brand you get some good ones and some bad ones. And, all of them will die.

9. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I buy mine from GM Parts.

10. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

I got mine through AAA when I had some issues with my Optima .Of which is convenient if you have issues with it >they will come out and replace it.