Need new battery for DD opinions?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 72'z'steve, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

You call them tell them your battery died, they deliver and install. Easy. Plus you don't have to deal with the counter guy at Autozone who doesn't know the difference between an alternator and a distributor. But damn it he'll sell you an O2 sensor!

Mike N likes this.
  2. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

And don’t forget the Lucas fuel treatment.

Mike N likes this.
  3. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

^^^^ And some bulb grease and a roll of blue towels

4. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

When I shop at Advance, I look at RetailMeNot.com for a coupon code. Usually can find a 20% or 25% coupon code. Have to use them to complete the purchase online...then go pick it up at whatever store you choose as the pickup store.

I'll even take it a step further and go through Ratuken (Ebates) to get anywhere from 1-5% cashback on the purchase.

So...for your car(s) an Autocraft Silver group 34/78 which is a dual terminal (top and side posts) battery would be $161.99 - 25% - $22 core = $99.49 + tax.

Need 2 batteries? Complete one purchase...then start a different transaction and get them separately. The coupon codes can be used over and over.

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  5. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Finally got an Advanced store locally. Seems like if I look fat something on their site and go away they send me a 25% off just to come back and buy what I was looking for.

Shizzle likes this.
  6. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yep, every time for me.

The last two batteries I bought were their Autocraft Platinum AGM. They were about $140 each after the coupon. We'll see if they last longer or not- currently at 47 months on the first, 37 on the 2nd. They see trips of 2-6 miles between starts most days. The 37 month in the TL seems to be cranking slower all of a sudden- or maybe it's just the sudden cold and my imagination- but I don't remember any issues.

I miss the Kirkland Signature Costco house brand that was usually <$80. They seemed to last decently, and the warranty was stupid-good for a while- probably why they stopped.:D

7. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

My current beef with them is that their website doesn't like my phone's browser for some reason. I often get a screen saying "We're offline for a tuneup...." and I'm denied access. But I can get on my laptop and access it all day long. But yeah, their coupons are always available. I've got $25 in Speed Perks coupons I need to use too. That might just ALMOST pay for the next oil and filter for my truck....

8. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I got that a lot on my PC when I was trying to order exhaust for my truck. Never tried it on my phone, poor eyes and fat fingers make most things on the phone a chore.

I have noticed on a lot of stuff Advanced seems high on their pricing. I'm not sure if it's just perspective on my end since I get the city's price on personal stuff from most of the vendors.

9. Javelin3o4

Javelin3o4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My Dart chews through batteries, a lot of the other owners had the same issue. While I know the model line had been plagued with issues mine has been reliable, but hell the car is a 2013, I've had it since 2014 it had a NAPA battery in it when I got it. I think I've replaced the battery 3 or 4 times. Some have blamed the amount of electronics that came in the car but IDK. It came with 140amp alternator from the factory. This time around I went with a Champion AGM battery from Pepboys. Its apparently made by Johnson Controls like many other brands.

10. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Where does someone buy a blemished battery? I just buy dealer batteries honestly. Usually there’s a promo for $100 swap out. I get 5-7 years always minimum. I just toss them early for reassurance