Need new Insurance CO, Geico Cancelled me for insuring to many cars in last year.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by DENALI, Mar 27, 2017.

1. DENALI

DENALI Veteran Member

Needing a new insurance provider that doesn't have restrictions on how many cars a guy can own. Geico cancelled my policy today do to having insured 16 vehicles in the last year. Been with them for over 8 years, no claims, no tickets nothing, ever. Their exact reason for the cancellation is " We've determined that you buy and sell vehicles on a regular basis. The purchase of vehicles with the intent to resell them is not covered by your policy contract" Well I have 9 including my 2 trailers, camper, 3 second gen Camaros, my 2 superduties and my wifes car that have been insured with them for several years with no lapse so that leaves 7 vehicles that I have bought and or sold in the last year. Tried arguing with them but they refuse to even reconsider. Biggest thing I am worried about is that since my policy was cancelled if it will cause my rates to jump with a new provider because I have had a cancellation.

Anyhow does anyone have a suggestion on an insurance provider that wont give me hassle over this? THanks

2. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

clearly you are a dealer

get dealer insurance

3. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

I've got to agree with Mav....

4. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Travelers has always done me right, but I think any insurance company is going to balk at that much asset movement

5. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

If you move a lot of vehicles a year look in to getting a Transporter Tag. That way you can put it on any thing you want. There is a min. insurance level can't remember what. Where I live you are supposed to keep vehicles with current Tags and insurance or you might get a warning from code enforcement. I was bugged by them a few years back because of some A-hole neighbor complaining I had too many cars. Try using only your Wife's name on some of the vehicles. Good luck....