Need top quality torque converter fluid.

Jodi

Veteran Member
May 22, 2019
yep... I totally agree with you.
Just saying what's the difference between the two brands of fluid :).

Then you don't need a friction modifier and even can run DexTron in you transmission...
Wouldn't recommend on real high Horsepower application (1500 HP +). Doesn't matter how many times you double checked the clutch pack clearance and the line pressure, unless recommended by your builder based on experience and not some bench racers personal opinion.

camaro71/holland

Veteran Member
Aug 27, 2003
The Netherlands
1500+ is totally out of my league, not even trying to pretend. Just messing around with GM transmissions, no more than 700hp builds so far. But hell, even 500hp can keep you busy like a 200-4r lately, which I had to tear down twice and replace the VB afterwards to make it doing what it was supposed to do.....

Danz66ss

Jul 7, 2020
What exactly is a " 3/4 race torque converter " ?
Is that like a " 3/4 Race Cam " ?
0.jpg
It is simply the name Hays has given this this torque converter. Their claim to it being a hot street and occasional strip converter.

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
Unless your tranny builder is alot smarter than GM engineers, I'll have to agree with muscl car. Stick with a Dexron fluid and use a true full synthetic as the synthetics will run cooler and withstand more heat than petroleum oils.

Latest posts