Need wheel opinions

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by MikeDVC, Sep 28, 2009.

1. MikeDVC

MikeDVC Veteran Member Gold Member

I'm actually running 16" rims / tires. I agree an inch taller would look better, but I had to do a bunch of hammering to get these to stop rubbing

2. skatinjay27

skatinjay27 Veteran Member

i think the painted center looks waaaaay better than with them fully polished.
    give a good contrast between the centers and the hoops, and sliver center with polished lips is pretty common on aftermarket euro wheel and high end wheels so i think it look really cool on the tt2s and actually make them more unique "thumbs up from me"

3. 3SLO5

3SLO5 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think you have to much stuff going on on the exterior to start painting things different colors. You have the stainless window molding on the sides(missing fender tops and hood for style trim group) stainless rocker molding, chrome handles, and i cant see if the taillight trim is painted or stock stainless. Paint all shiney stuff the same silver along with the rims or get the bumpers and window trim back to stock . With all the shiney stuff shiney the car looks classey and it flows, mixing and matching distracts the eyes. also it looks like the front inner fenders are red by the tire and the back is black undercoated and missmatched, the red inner fender just looks like it was oversprayed by accident and not masked off even though that is probebly not the case. just giving you some insight. its your car do how you want,just giving ya 2 cents fully refundable.

4. MikeDVC

Wow, you are very observant!

Thanks for your input. My plan is to remove all of the trim around the door glass, and powder coat the remaining trim (rocker molding, etc.) the same as the bumpers. I'll remove the door trim when the car goes in the body shop. I'm planning to have the entire car re-painted in the not so distant future and experimenting with the powder coating now. Currently the front windshield molding and tail light moldings are all that are done.

My car is a constant work in progress. I have owned this car for about 25 years, and needed to make some changes.

The front inner fender wells where removed and painted the body color on both sides may years ago. I have never considered painting the outer/under part black, but I like that idea. I think I'll do that this weekend.

Thanks again,

Mike

5. Cue-Ball

Cue-Ball Veteran Member

I personally think that the painted wheels look a LOT better than the polished. I say go for it!

6. MikeDVC

I agree, I picked up the paint this morning; I'll post-up finished pics in about a week

7. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I like the painted ones better.

8. LSXZ28

LSXZ28 Veteran Member

I like the painted centers - pulls everything together in my opinion.

9. MikeDVC

Got them all painted, I'm real happy with how they turned out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. skatinjay27

skatinjay27 Veteran Member

damn!!!
    car looks awesome!
    i knew the color on the wheels would look killer!