Needing help to find my dads old car, i have the vin

Discussion in 'Camaros Wanted' started by Nathan Cavanagh, Nov 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Nathan Cavanagh

Nathan Cavanagh New Member

i have great news, i found the current owner of my fathers car (on paper atleast) the papers said that the car was registered in Toronto Ontario on June 13th 1990 to a lady named "Linda B Rosteski"
    the papers don't motion the car being dismantled or wrecked, my next move is to find this girl, but the thing is is that she probably doesn't have the car, although its in her name it was registered 30 years ago, she could have sold it to someone without the papers, but maybe not, I will see what i can do, also this is most likely the person my father sold it to, because my father said he sold it around 1989 or 1990

2. TTR230

TTR230 Veteran Member

That's a decent lead, but the date is a bit disappointing. That's a long time for one person to own that car. Not impossible of course, but a bit unlikely. Unfortunately, it was only recently in time that Wreckers insisted on papers to scrap a car, so that might still be a possiblity.

Get googling! If you get anywhere, I'm sure there are a few of us around the area that can help if you get anywhere.

It doesn't look great, but you never know!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

30 yrs is nothing. I bought my 70 Z28 from the orig owner in 1981 and ran into him while having lunch on an outside patio during a poker run 2 yrs ago.

4. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

Hey COPO, do we get to ask what his offer is so far to buy it back? ;):bowtie:

5. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

Yes, 30 years is a long time but I've had my Camaro for 36 years. Just last year I sought out the original owner and let him know the car still existed, living a very soft life.

6. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

He just asked if it was for sale and I said that it wasn’t. I paid $5,500 for it in 1981. My wife said to him that I’ve been taking real good care of it and his reply was “he’s had it long enough”. I told him that a friend of mine has 2 1970 Z28’s if he was interested but he said he wants his car back.

mallard likes this.
  7. jbloake

jbloake Veteran Member

Linda may have a different last name now after 30 years .
    Run it on Kijiji Ontario It’s free . Post the pictures and tell your story. You may need to renew it every few months, years, but you may find a car person that remembers the car .

8. TTR230

TTR230 Veteran Member

A good point, and not a bad idea. I see ads like that all the time on Kijiji.

9. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Might search around Facebook for her name too. Seems like lots of women use their maiden name with their married name too.

10. Nathan Cavanagh

Nathan Cavanagh New Member

if i do put out an kijiji wanted ad, should i include the vin and the current owners name?