New car

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Nitroexpress, Jul 28, 2010.

1. 72350RS

72350RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Still a little sick with envy, but I'd have to say you bought the right one.... Enjoy!

2. MR. FBDY

MR. FBDY Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That is nice man, looks awesome. What does she have under the hood?

3. Nitroexpress

Nitroexpress Veteran Member

Car is built on the Z-06 platform.I wish it had the Z-06 motor but it doesn't, this car has the 430 hp 6.3 LS3 & it's got more then enough power!!!!

http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/byo/...0&zipCode=14526&isMultiCounty=false&region=40

The MSRP is $72,000.00 on this car the way it's optioned out. I got a deal that I couldn't pass up. I got it for far less then listed !!!!! This car was ordered for someone who backed out of the deal.Guy walked away from his deposit & I was in the right place at the right time.It's the same dealership both my brother & uncle purchased thier vetts from & we know the owner. Only thing I would have changed was the tranny to a 6 speed manual...But this one has the paddle shifter mode/auto (it's like having a manual tranny at your finger tips,plus my wife can drive it if she ever wanted to or if I let her ...NOT !! )

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  4. CamaroMan79

CamaroMan79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Remember that favor you owe me? :)

5. MR. FBDY

MR. FBDY Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The LS-3 is a 6.2, that is the same engine that is in my 2010 camaro. Yes, it has plenty of power stock, but add a Magnuson SC, up to 575 hp and still be emission legal and 22 mpg.

6. Air_Adam

Air_Adam Veteran Member

The GS is basically a Z06 with a 6.2L instead of the 7.0L is it not? I think it gets most of the Z06 goodies - bodywork, dry sump oiling, suspension/chassis upgrades, special exhaust system, etc... but can be had with an auto and as a convertible. Honestly, I'd take a topless GS over a Z06 if I had to choose between the two.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  7. Dirt Reynolds

Dirt Reynolds Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The Z06 has an aluminum frame, the Grand Sport has the standard Corvette steel frame. The GS option replaces the old Z51 handling option, but offers a lot more for the $ than the Z51 did. What the GS gets are the Z06 brakes, specific Grand Sport spec shock/spring/sway bars, unique wheels, the Z06 wide-body, and a hand-built LS3 with a forged steel crank, harder bearings and dry-sump oiling if the car is ordered with the manual transmission. The automatics get the standard wet-sump production LS3. Grand Sports can pull 1G and are a great bang for the buck, plus they look cool as heck.

To the OP, great car you have there, and congrats on the new ride. :cool:

8. my24ktrat

my24ktrat Veteran Member

...The only bad thing about the GS topless cars is they don't get all the handling and braking goody options the coupe gets ,because it is a topless car, there are a couple that come to cruises around here ,black one w/red stripes [coupe ] 2 red ones w /white stripes[ convert] . Nice cars though , DC:bowtie:

9. Dirt Reynolds

Dirt Reynolds Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The only thing the coupe gets differently from the roadster, is that when the 6-speed option is selected, it gets the hand-built dry sump LS3 I posted about earlier, a rear mounted battery, and a differential cooler. Otherwise, it's the same basic car, with the same wheels/tires/brakes/suspension. The C6 generation Corvette roadsters have a pretty good unit structure.

The Grand Sport with automatic transmission gets a unique axle ratio, and the 6-speed manuals all have different gearing compared to the basic model Corvettes. The GS is 2 tenths quicker 0-60 mph vs. the standard issue Corvettes, also.

10. z28rod

z28rod Veteran Member

WOW how fast is she ????? I bet thats 170mph top end is no joke or is it higher ? very very nice, wish i could buy one ..............