New CCW

grzewnicki

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009
Gordon from Jacksonville Fl
Been researching .380 auto's, looked at Ruger, S & W, wife has a Bersa Thunder, and finally decided on the Kahr Arms P380. Nice little pocket gun, all the reviews I read this one won me over. 4.5 inches long, about .75 width, much more comfortable to carry than my M & P compact 9.

727936d8-93eb-4ed3-a777-61e16e1af4cd.jpg

cali cruzer

Veteran Member
Mar 24, 2002
Henderson/Las Vegas, NV
Nice. I looked a CT9 when I was searching for a full sized 9mm. I feel clumsy when trying to quickly handle micro/pocket pistols. I hear that little .380 is a pretty good pistol. You can also get a trigger guard Crimson Trace laser sight for it.

wnmech

Veteran Member
Jul 20, 2014
grand prairie tx.
Gordon
Nice looking pistol I've been looking to get into a .380 strictly because of their smaller size. I carry a .40 Millennium Pro and it's kind of big big I liked because of the stopping power. What ammo are you using?

GoldenOne7710

Equal Opportunity Offender
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 23, 2004
Athens, GA
Make sure you get some adequate range time with it. Break-in is crucial from what I hear from others who carry the Kahr P380. No less than 100-150 rounds should do it...but I'd make sure I did before I trusted my life with it. I'd even throw a couple dozen personal defense rounds (whatever you'll be using in it) down the pipe to know what to expect should ever the SHTF.

JWZ28

Veteran Member
Feb 27, 2011
Alabama
GoldenOne7710 said:
Make sure you get some adequate range time with it. Break-in is crucial from what I hear from others who carry the Kahr P380. No less than 100-150 rounds should do it...but I'd make sure I did before I trusted my life with it. I'd even throw a couple dozen personal defense rounds (whatever you'll be using in it) down the pipe to know what to expect should ever the SHTF.

This, but make sure it's rated for hotter loads before you start feeding it +p ammo. If not, you're stuck with low pressure rounds. The high pressure stuff will destroy the gun if not rated for it.

grzewnicki

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009
wnmech said:
Gordon
Nice looking pistol I've been looking to get into a .380 strictly because of their smaller size. I carry a .40 Millennium Pro and it's kind of big big I liked because of the stopping power. What ammo are you using?

Ruger ARX .380 auto self defense ammo is what I picked up with the pistol. Hornady 380 Auto 90 gr FTX® Critical Defense is also recommended for it. The Kahr ramp is very steep so it doesn't like a square nosed bullets.

grzewnicki

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009

grzewnicki

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009
GoldenOne7710 said:

Yup, planning a trip to the range here shortly. Definitely like to know how a gun shoots before I have to use it. We took some time while on vacation in Daytona to shoot our new Ar-15's. I got Cheryl and M & P 15 for Christmas and I grabbed a Stag Arms. Cheryl did ok with iron sights at 100 yards, definetly going to pick her up a good red dot sight, I'm looking at going with a holographic on mine. The range was outdoors and we had one of the hottest weeks in June so we only spent about 2 hours there, only $10/person to shoot all day. Nice benches, range was under control of a rangemaster the whole time. Looked like there was quite a few regulars. Gonna have to go there again when the weather gets a little cooler. I'll go to the indoor range up here in Jax for my handguns, one older place that is $10 all day.

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts