New demon 840hp, 9.65 quarter and bad to the bone!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ProStreet383, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Wadd2

Wadd2 Veteran Member

Um, no. I don't hate the car, it's cool, but not my cup of tea. The Hennesy (sp) Camaro, that interests me. But I couldn't afford either one. And btw, my Nova isn't stripped. All steel, full factory interior. Doesn't have AC cuz it didn't come with it, but I wouldn't want it anyway. Also BTW, a dynoed 512 hp, which I have, will run 10's in a 3100 lb Nova. My race car was a 3400 lb 55 Chevy with 580 hp dynoed and it ran a best of 10.49 and consistent 10.60's. If you have a real 500 hp, then either your car is real heavy, or the rest of your combo isn't right. A bad combo will eat a ton of hp and not improve et much. Not trying to get in a pissing contest or anything, but with a lifetime of racing, I learned how to find the hidden tenths by getting the perfect combo and tuning.

Dave Nelson likes this.
  2. 71 rs BBC

71 rs BBC Veteran Member

It's amazing what a good combo and a wicked tune will do. I out ran a lot of cars that had more horse than me. But I'd still take a demon in a second. Lol

3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

^^ rear wheel hp?

4. 71 rs BBC

71 rs BBC Veteran Member

Naturally aspirated iron head 588 rwhp

5. Wadd2

Wadd2 Veteran Member

I don't dislike it, just not for me. I like my old muscle cars. The power is amazing but just not my thing. I would take the new Camaro though just because it's GM lol.

6. 71 rs BBC

71 rs BBC Veteran Member

Hey I'm with ya! The newest thing of four in my stable is my 71.

7. Wadd2

Wadd2 Veteran Member

Nope, flywheel. The key is to get the loss of hp through the driveline reduced. Good converter, rearend, and trans builders can do that. My little street Nova got the same treatment to it's drivetrain as my race car did because I wanted too lol. Not necessary for the street but worth it to me. Custom converter makes the biggest difference. 10.95 best all motor. You likely won't believe it's a 355 and runs on pump gas lol, but it is. My 55 was flywheel hp as well. Best 60 foot that car did was 1.42 with ladder bars and coil overs. Rest of suspension was totally stock. I did move the motor back slightly to get my front to back weight perfect.

8. 71 rs BBC

71 rs BBC Veteran Member

I had Coan custom build my converter just for my setup and tranny too. The right converter is the key I think also. Have a Dana 60 rear. Less parasidic losses than a 9" years of trial and error looking for that tenth! Lol!

9. Wadd2

Wadd2 Veteran Member

Yep for sure. I have a custom ATI. Actually running the original 8.2 rearend, of course modified to handle the power. Trans built by a friend of mine that used to run NHRA Super Stock and still races today, just not on the circuit. Heck who knows, maybe the track i went to has faulty clocks but it is what it is. I still think if I lined up on the street with the average Joe that will buy one of those cars, I'd get to the stripe first lol. If not, oh well! I can afford my Nova, and both my sons Camaros and still have money left over before buying the new car lol.

71 rs BBC likes this.
  10. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

I like the Demon