New floor pan question

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by Lonesomeloser, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Lonesomeloser

Lonesomeloser New Member

I received my new floor pan with braces and torque boxes. My questions is: Are the aftermarket welds sufficient around the torque box area? Would it be worth my time to add a few more really good welds in these areas? torque box floor pan.jpg torque box 2.jpg

2. 76 for 26

76 for 26 Member

When I welded mine in, I drilled holes in between those in the frame to cut the distance and cranked the welder up when I plug welded the floor to the new/used frame rails. Not sure that’s the best way to do it...hopefully. Be sure to make sure that pan is squared up prior to welding it in. I re-measured everything against the info on the datum sheets (or whatever they are called). Make sure to triple check the middle front rear spring bolt to rear frame spring hole, I had to mess with mine (cheat) to get it right.

3. Lonesomeloser

Lonesomeloser New Member

Yeah, these are already welded in place. Just figured it wouldn't hurt to add a few more plug welds to what is on there from Taiwan. I have the end of the frame rails cut off so I can fit it in position. I will make sure it's square from the rear leaf spring mount hole in the rear frame, and the proper distance. I will also bolt in the front subframe to make sure it's all lined up.

4. Lonesomeloser

Lonesomeloser New Member

OK. Got some used brackets off e-bay. Why doesn't it seem to be lining up?

Attached Files:

5. Lonesomeloser

Lonesomeloser New Member

I'm thinking I have incorrect brackets.