New Here

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by slwedge71, Apr 6, 2011.

  1. slwedge71

    slwedge71 Member

    Messages:
    69
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2011
    Location:
    North Port, Florida
    Ok, finally got some time to work on the ole' girl. Was trying to get the timing set correctly and was having trouble. So i decided to take the cap off the distributor and low in behold, TDC was not pointed at #1 cylinder on the cap. The guy i got it from had the dist 2 teeth off and just moved some wires around to make it run!! GGGGRRRrrrrrrrrr :mad: :mad:

    [​IMG]
     
  2. slwedge71

    slwedge71 Member

    Messages:
    69
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2011
    Location:
    North Port, Florida
    Now with the timing set correctly. I had just enough time in the day to do some creative thinking. I bought some Duplicolor spray on bed liner and decided to spray my dash pad with it. The car didn't have a dash pad in it when i bought it so i went to EBay and bought the cheapest one I found wich cost me a whoppen $39 + s/h. $39 does not buy you much for a dash pad but i figure i can make it look decent enought till i either spend the money for a Repro or buy the "cap". The bedliner sealed it right up and she will never crack again. Looks decent also!!

    [​IMG]

    Looked so good i did the console I bought from "A73" here at Nasty

    [​IMG]
     
  3. slwedge71

    slwedge71 Member

    Messages:
    69
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2011
    Location:
    North Port, Florida
    Sorry I haven't posted in awhile on the project. After getting the motor running and in driving condition, I blew the rear frost plug out. One of the ones behind the fly wheel.

    Looked around and I found another motor and 700r4 transmission. Dropped the motor in and will be taking the tranny to a rebuilder. Been driving the camaro back and forth to work now. Will try and keep everyone up on the progress.
     

Share This Page