New Here

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by slwedge71, Apr 6, 2011.

1. slwedge71

slwedge71 Member

Ok, finally got some time to work on the ole' girl. Was trying to get the timing set correctly and was having trouble. So i decided to take the cap off the distributor and low in behold, TDC was not pointed at #1 cylinder on the cap. The guy i got it from had the dist 2 teeth off and just moved some wires around to make it run!! GGGGRRRrrrrrrrrr :mad: :mad:

[​IMG]

2. slwedge71

slwedge71 Member

Now with the timing set correctly. I had just enough time in the day to do some creative thinking. I bought some Duplicolor spray on bed liner and decided to spray my dash pad with it. The car didn't have a dash pad in it when i bought it so i went to EBay and bought the cheapest one I found wich cost me a whoppen $39 + s/h. $39 does not buy you much for a dash pad but i figure i can make it look decent enought till i either spend the money for a Repro or buy the "cap". The bedliner sealed it right up and she will never crack again. Looks decent also!!

[​IMG]

Looked so good i did the console I bought from "A73" here at Nasty

[​IMG]

3. slwedge71

slwedge71 Member

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile on the project. After getting the motor running and in driving condition, I blew the rear frost plug out. One of the ones behind the fly wheel.

Looked around and I found another motor and 700r4 transmission. Dropped the motor in and will be taking the tranny to a rebuilder. Been driving the camaro back and forth to work now. Will try and keep everyone up on the progress.