New laws for 2020.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ol' grouch, Dec 27, 2019.

1. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Watching the news, they were talking about new laws going into effect for the new year. I'm close enough to Illinois that we get news about them. It seems with the new year, there will be a limit of what you can credit with a trade in when you buy a car. Right now, if you buy a car for $50,000 and the dealer gives you a trade in allowance of $35,000, you only pay sales tax on $15,000. Starting in the new year, there will be a maximum credit of, I think, $10,000. I was cooking supper and didn't catch all the exact numbers.

One has to wonder what other new laws are going into effect.

1980RS likes this.
  2. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

Age to buy tobacco is going up to 21 isn't it? Thought I heard or read it somewhere.

1972_Z-28 likes this.
  3. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Smoking and vaping to 21 here in Texas

4. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Illinois is screwed right now, seems they want to add like up to $1700 in taxes on cars inc. a $300 something trade in tax. I just wonder where it will end some day.

5. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Where does it end you ask? It won’t. Not until either the gov is collecting all of our money and giving us an allowance, or some sort of war.

This whole cigarette thing bugs me to no end. At 18 you can sign up and go die for your country, but you aren’t “grown up” enough to decide if you want to smoke or not??

jeff swisher and wnmech like this.
  6. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

I can see it now. Someone will make a show where you are on the front line getting the crap bombed out of you. Everybody is scared to death and a guy lights up a smoke with his hands shaking from fear. Out of nowhere a cop appears asking for an ID to see if he’s old enough!
    The world is nuts.

Dave Nelson likes this.
  7. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

everything requires you to be 21.....
    except serving your country and voting!!!....go figure...we don't need you TOO grown up to enlist.....just big enough to carry a ruk

8. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

Yes the fat bastard that somehow got elected as our governor promised he wouldn’t raise taxes on the middle class.

He also increased the license plate renewal fee on by $50 on a regular car plate (not sure what the D plate for my 3/4 ton truck is going up to) starting in 2020.

Then there is the streaming, Video gambling, plastic bag, new cigarette, e-cig, parking garage,sports gambling, ride sharing, weed, raising vehicle registration, electric vehicle registration, doubling the gas tax, real estate transfer tax increase (charge you more to get out of this state), tax exempt cap on traded in property, retailer tax, managed care, & income tax.
    All this since taking office in January.

this is also the same guy who removed toilets out of one of his mansion to claim it was uninhabitable to not have to pay property taxes on it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  9. xten

xten Veteran Member

If it was uninhabitable they should have condemned it and threw his fatass out on the street. What a weasel.

10. DrPepper

DrPepper Veteran Member

Not too long ago, some politician proposed that smoking by anyone in the military be banned. What a crock. And in a lot of places you have to be 21 to buy beer. Even 3.2% beer. If 18 is old enough to die for your country, it should be old enough to decide if you want to smoke or drink.

And another politician has proposed giving 16 year olds the vote. I've seen some 16 year olds that don't know how to wipe their nose, let alone understand the responsibility voting represents. And they sure don't understand that a lot of good men and woman died over the years to ensure they were free and could smoke, drink, and vote.