New laws for 2020.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ol' grouch, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

I wouldn't even get into the new laws the new Governor has introduced and passed, can't wait to move out of this state.

2. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Our illustrious lawmakers decided that it was unfair to "financially challenged" persons that have been "accused" of certain crimes to have to sit in jail until their case is resolved. An appearance ticket is now mandated. Of course everyone is expected to show back up in court....

3. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Dosent matter when 16yo can get it now.

1972_Z-28 and GoldenOne7710 like this.
  4. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have to agree with them. The bail system is not fair to the lower income defendant. It's not right that the people who have better means get better treatment (as in not sitting in jail waiting for a date). How many innocent people plead to a crime to to get out on time served? Sometimes it take months, in rare cases, complex cases a year to get a court date. There are many cases of people that were acquitted who sat in custody for a significant amount of time. They lose everything because they are incarcerated and can't work. How much more of a burden is it on the social programs because the bread winner is locked up and can provide any support? I'm not saying release with a summons is the best answer but the bail system isn't right.

5. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

He is often referred to as Fat Bastard around Chicagoland.

6. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sounds appropriate

7. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

To kinda add to Knuckles write up. There should be a stipulation that if your already out on bail that you stay put. Here in Houston, Tx (Harris County) it is a revolving door. Of course I will/cannot bring up politics. But to me anyone who kills another individual with witnesses and confession should not he out on the street on $100 bond to continue thier business.

8. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's your pal Andy in Albany dreaming this crap up...... no wonder his girlfriend left him.

9. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I joined the army when I turned 17, I was in Alaska, smoking and dip was 19, drinking 21. I got out 1 month before I turned 21, never had a single legal drink in service.

was caught once with a old beer can in vehicle, and they made me do alcohol rehab classes for over a year, (it was simply to get someone to do Cq/staff duty as drunk driver on weekends)

such garbage since I didn’t even drink it. Pretty sure it was from my friend who borrowed car.

anyway. Kind of blowed couldn’t have any fun w peers. On hind sight, I don’t smoke drink or dip lol.

10. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Reminds me of when I tested positive for drugs after an "operation goldenflo" (military random urinalysis) over in Germany. I was stunned because I didn't use drugs. When I was brought in front of the company commander I was asked if I'd had any prescription drugs recently. Light bulb came on and I remembered that I'd had a wisdom tooth pulled and had been given a prescription for Phenaphen 3 (pain killer). After that fact was confirmed, I was cleared of the positive.

Because of the positive test I was put into an accelerated frequency for "operation goldenflo". Didn't bother me because I didn't use drugs. About a month later, I was "randomly selected" again. Guess what, I had had another wisdom tooth pulled 3 days before. I told them that this test would be positive again because of the Phenaphen 3 that had been prescribed again.

My CO believed me, but regulations were that 2 positives REQUIRED mandatory drug counseling. So for 8 weeks I had to report to the drug rehab center where my "counselor" let me read anything I wanted for an hour...

Must have been a great counselor because I never had another positive result (didn't have anymore wisdom teeth pulled either).