New License Plates, here they are...

Discussion in 'New York Regional' started by KJZ28, Apr 11, 2010.

1. KJZ28

KJZ28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

2. Battmann

Battmann Veteran Member

that's exactly the problem - they're a throwback.
    i have a '84 TA i hope to put on the road within the next year. i have the correct old style plates to put on this car, but they look a lot like these new plates. i've been waiting for my car to hit 25 years old to use these vintage plates and now these new plates stole my thunder!

3. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I remember seeing that design back in December, I thought I read somewhere that they scrapped the idea though?

This'll be my first year with my vintage yellow plates too, kinda sucks now that every shmo on the road with have them too :rolleyes:

4. Battmann

Battmann Veteran Member

they scrapped the idea of issuing this new plate to everyone.
    instead this new style plate is now just an option that people can pick for their car.

5. my24ktrat

my24ktrat Veteran Member

...I liked the old liberty plates ,myself, DC:bowtie:

6. KJZ28

Really, I heard they just scraped the idea of forcing everyone to do it, you only get these if you need new ones.

7. Shadow-D

Shadow-D Veteran Member

You are correct...
    http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/empgold/faq.htm
    Right from DMV

8. KJZ28

Thank you for that Shadow!!!!

Say what you guys will, but I like the new ones...but I am in no hurry to pay for them. LOL!!

9. Nitroexpress

Nitroexpress Veteran Member

Found a set of vintage plates at a swap meet this past weekend they were the Yellowish gold ones from the early 70's... They were 73's to be exact,with the sticker & everything. They read 767 MRZ they were like new also...Guy wanted $85.00 for them. I played coy with him & asked him what he wanted. He grabbed his pen from his pocket & scribbled on the price tag but I knew what it was, as I saw it. He hands them to me & the price was changed to $185.00 = :eek: :( :mad: I Told him I was thinking more like $45.00 & then he tells me he was just joking about the price change...He said that he needed to get $85.00 I said nope & that he should sit down & return to his crack pipe...Now if the plate read 773 MRZ I would have paid the $85.00 no problem!!!! Guy though he was a comidian. He didn't like my comment but I don't play games!!! Piss me off & I'm going to give it rigt back at yeah..> F-ing guy was nutz...He can Go pound sand, especialy in todays economy,Not many buyers at that show or as many vendors in the past. I think he should have been happy with the $45.00 offer!! Only thing is if you own a 67 - Z then they are awesome plates, wrong color as 67 plates were dark blue with gold numbers & letters.. I'll have my buddy look for me at Carslie this coming weekend. The guy in Carslie only charges $25.00 for his vintage plates.

10. Shadow-D

Shadow-D Veteran Member

Not a problem :)
    I kinda like them as well but like I've said before, they should be using them as the Historical plates ONLY...