New Member ; 80'Z28 "restomod"

Sebambam

May 8, 2022
I'm doing a 76 now (6.0) and went with Holley mounts. They worked out great, long tube headers went in super easy... I don't think the truck intake will fit but that might be a bad assumption on my part. For sure you will want to swap out the oil pan.
thanks i found a cool lil Youtube "guide"
thsi guy usese a lot of parts i thought about using, mounts etc.

question to the fuel system
will a EXTERNAL Bosch 044 (380LH) create enough lift to get the gas up the OEM pickup tube?

Jan 15, 2018
Orchard Park NY
Ha, that's the main reason I went with an aftermarket (Holley) intake, because to the tuck one was ugly! lol

I went with an OEM replacement tank and Holley's fuel hanger pump. So I cant help you with your Bosch question.

73Z L92

Veteran Member
Jan 25, 2011
Carlos, MN
On a couple of my LS swaps I used the Bosch 044 pump. They worked well. No failures. For a return line I drilled a hole in the sender and brazed in a short piece of tubing. I use the C5 FFR.
On my 80 project I bought a Tank's Inc tank with a 255 Walbro. Rumor has it the Tank's tanks are out there a ways delivery wise.

Sebambam

May 8, 2022
On a couple of my LS swaps I used the Bosch 044 pump. They worked well. No failures. For a return line I drilled a hole in the sender and brazed in a short piece of tubing. I use the C5 FFR.
On my 80 project I bought a Tank's Inc tank with a 255 Walbro. Rumor has it the Tank's tanks are out there a ways delivery wise.
Where dud you mount them? Can they lift out of the pickup without issues?
I'm not worried about pushing fuel to the front it's more about getting it up into the pump

75Maro

Veteran Member
Mar 31, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I used a tank from ricks that was set up to receive the gen 5 camaro pump. Ordered the pump from vetteworks motor sports. Works great

Sebambam

May 8, 2022
Ha, that's the main reason I went with an aftermarket (Holley) intake, because to the tuck one was ugly! lol

I went with an OEM replacement tank and Holley's fuel hanger pump. So I cant help you with your Bosch question.
im not to concerned about the look.
further there is a chaep aftermarket Truck intake replacement with the same oem dimensions that i used on previous LS builds that i like since it basically a copy of the FAST 3 piece design.
you can take it appart and port it it flows better than the TBSS Intake

So if the Truck intake fits , this one fits too .. + you can always trim some notches off

Sebambam

May 8, 2022
I mounted the 044 to a bracket I made that mounted to the two tank strap hanger brackets. Mounted the C5 FFR right next to 044. Sorry no pics.
Main thing I want to know if mounted it obove or below the tank level or same level

Latest posts