New Member with 70 Z28 RS

flowjoe

Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 7, 2006
SoCal
I’d che
Welcome aboard,lots of great guys info here,not many around in that condition it seems either totally restored or a pile of rust! I'm partial to yellow 'z's I own a 72 but its cream yellow which isn't as bright as the daytona yellow! Post more pics when it arrives! Later Steve!!
I’m partial to yellow as well :) and this looks like a promising project.

To the OP: As others have said, the factory AC rules out it being a Z/28. Usually people just threw emblems on and call it a Z but this one has a Z specific air cleaner and other bits and bobs. I’d start looking for other Z parts like the aluminum bump stop blocks, rear sway bar dimension, frame side motor mounts. It might not be a Z but you might have scored some cool add on’s.
BTW, Does it have an 8k tach? 12 bolt? Deep groove pulleys?

ronzz572

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 8, 2007
imperial pa
Very Nice project car, As others have said. 1970 z28 camaros did not have a air conditioning option..I would start searching for a build sheet for the car. Look above the drivers side of the fuel tank. Under the drivers seat. At least a build sheet for the car could verify it is correct body that someone added air conditioning to. Verify the vin on the Z28 build sheet is the same as vin on the car. Most likely it won't have a air conditioning RPO.

Da-bigguy

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 19, 2010
Cypress, TX
Welcome to the best 2nd Gen Camaro site there is!! Looking forward to seeing more pics as you dig into your new obsession!!

G72Zed

Veteran Member
Sep 8, 2015
Canada
Welcome to NastyZ, weather it's a true Z28 or not, looks to be a solid example, and if not, you can "salt to taste" either way, it's your baby, and enjoy the ride.

aviator2007

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2020
Denver
Nice find! This is a great community with more knowledge than you can imagine and super helpful. Thanks for posting.

Chris Jamieson

Jan 9, 2022
New Zealand
Thanks everyone for the positive feed back.
Defiantly the build sheet was going to be one of the first things I look for.
But I guess I'll soon find out which it is :), Z28 clone or AC added.
Shipping is delayed again looks like end of month, sigh Covid o_O
Plans are to keep it original old school and cool ;)
A good mate said he'd wipe its face and get 2 sets of Polyglass tires, I said why 2 sets? Cause I'd wear the first set out! "Classic guy".

Chris Jamieson

Jan 9, 2022
New Zealand
I’d che

I’m partial to yellow as well :) and this looks like a promising project.

To the OP: As others have said, the factory AC rules out it being a Z/28. Usually people just threw emblems on and call it a Z but this one has a Z specific air cleaner and other bits and bobs. I’d start looking for other Z parts like the aluminum bump stop blocks, rear sway bar dimension, frame side motor mounts. It might not be a Z but you might have scored some cool add on’s.
BTW, Does it have an 8k tach? 12 bolt? Deep groove pulleys?

Hi Flowjoe, has a 8k tach and 12 bolt diff, have to check the rest when I see it.

Attachments

• IMG_0942 (2).jpg
    IMG_0942 (2).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_7834.PNG
    IMG_7834.PNG
    156.4 KB · Views: 102

Latest posts