New Nebraska camaro owner

Discussion in 'Nebraska Camaro Club' started by cnssanders, May 7, 2006.

1. cnssanders

cnssanders New Member

Thanks Sean! Glad to hear there are a few more 2nd Gen folks around. Nice RS/SS! Looks like you have done quite a bit to it. Sure is cool to have your family into something like this together! That makes it even better! (I am sure your SS will beat the socks off your brothers stang!!!)lol

I am interested in talking to your friend about some parts. The quarters and RS front grill especially. Is there any way to take a look at what he has? Let me know, maybe that would give me a chance to check out your RS/SS also.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I am looking forward to seeing some of these rides this summer!!!

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  2. Travisty

Travisty Veteran Member

Welcome, I'm in Omaha. I work in Lincoln though. I've got a 1980 Camaro. Hopefully, I'll have it down for Americruise later this summer. If I get some issues worked out that is. ;)

If you're looking for any local boards, check out www.nestreetscene.com, www.gmmodernmuscle.com, and www.starcityracing.com. Lots of kids there but there's some good people there.

3. cnssanders

cnssanders New Member

Thanks for the links Travisty. I will have to check them out. I am new into the muscle car scene. My brother was the one born with the chrome wrench. When we were kids we would get old worn out mowers. He would rebuild them and paint them up and sell them. Meanwhile, I would be out mowing the neighborhood with his mowers. I think he got the better end of the deal. He is hoping that some of his skills will rub off on me with this project. I am scepticle, but excited to learn and get into it.

Funny you work in Lincoln. I work in Omaha. Perhaps we should house swap or something. Gotta love the gas prices!!!! Im sure you dont drive the camaro, but if you did imagine how much drive time you could drop. How did you get your motor to a 385? Is it a 383 stroker bored out? Just curiouse. Looks like you have one sweet set up. Cant wait to get mine built!!! I want to build my 400 into a stroker, but since it will be my first rebuild that may not be a good idea. You know, KISS.

Lookin forward to Americruise! Excited that it is going to be in Lincoln again. Mine probably wont be ready for this one, maybe next ye...er maybe 3 or 4 years from now I will be able to take it out. Oh well, I will just enjoy all of your sweet rides in the mean time. Your cars will help keep me motivated.

4. Travisty

Travisty Veteran Member

Haha, no way I could drive the Camaro back and forth to work everyday!! I have Geo Metro for DD duties. 1 liter of fury! :) I'd gladly trade living spaces with you, but you'd get the short end that stick for sure since I live in an apartment. ;)

A 385 is the same as a 383 only with a 0.040" overbore rather than the standard 0.030".

Please do check out the links. The SCR one is more of a Lincoln only kind of board, and the other two are mostly Lincoln and Omaha. Like I said before, be pre-warned, especially on NESS and SCR. There tends to be a lot of stupid childish drama. But it is good for meeting local car people.

I just realized that I said there were a lot of kids when, to a lot of people, I'm still a kid myself at only 25 years old.