New on here from UK ‘73 Camaro

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Drscpe, Dec 2, 2020.

1. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Welcome to the site and nice car. I'll bet you do not see many of them where you live.

2. Chuck71RS

Chuck71RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

You have come to the right place for 2nd Gen Camaro. Tons of helpful folks here

Looked at your posted Camaro photo (under extreme zoom in with my graphic editor) and saw the steering wheel is on the left side. Curious if it was brought to the UK by a US military.

3. Drscpe

Drscpe New Member

Hi, no it was personal import from Lodi Ca.

4. Drscpe

Drscpe New Member

Well, had a closer look at the engine. Numbers say it’s a ‘74 police interceptor 350. Put a bore scope in and it looks like it has 040 over dished pistons. It’s got a performer manifold and Holley carb. Not sure it’s (the bottom end) going to work with my initial thoughts of Vortec heads? Any thoughts on that? I’m hoping for around 350-400ftlb, 350hp. I was hoping just to do headers, cam and followers but I suspect I’ll need heads too. And possibly pistons - I’m not sure what CR I could get with these dished pistons. I know I’ll have to change manifold if I go vortec so maybe just aim for budget 1st gen heads. Would I be best going for (in order: ) headers / exhaust > cam / lifters > heads and see where I get with each? Very tight budget. BD2A32B8-56E8-4626-BC0D-696F2CAADF35.jpeg 31BCCEB2-C6CE-476F-80B2-64450BD90AEC.jpeg