New PC build for you geeks!!

Damon23

Veteran Member
Jan 29, 2006
Georgia
Our desktop got killed by that latest virus conflicker or something like that. It was a gateway 1997 model anyway. We are looking at laptops right now but with this monitor we just paid $300 for I kind of want to stick with a desktop. That one looks way cool.

BTTB71SS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 10, 2006
Harris, MN
Doug

Great job on the pc build ... Nice and clean with great airflow... ;)

You should consider water cooling some day :)

Javelin3o4

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 21, 2004
Concord, CA
Looks badass. I like the power supply myself. I kinda miss m custom desktop but this gateway fx is pretty sick. So maybe if it breaks outside of warranty in a year or something I'll go back to a home built PC.

Keizer

BANNED
Jan 17, 2005
Wa State
Javelin3o4 said:
Looks badass. I like the power supply myself. I kinda miss m custom desktop but this gateway fx is pretty sick. So maybe if it breaks outside of warranty in a year or something I'll go back to a home built PC.

Thanks! Once I used a modular PSU, I never looked back. My last four builds, including my older bros system had the modular PSU. They are slick.

Javelin3o4

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 21, 2004
Concord, CA
Yeah I had one of the first modular PSU's made by X-Connect back in the day, had glow in the dark plastic over the cables, then the caps a few years later blew out.

I found pics of one of my old PC's. I wanna say this computer was probably a AMD K3, probably only has 512MB or 1GB of RAM. And I would guess the hard drive is under 100GB. The bottom optical drive was my sony burner i think I paid like 225 for it. It was one of the first drives that could write on + and - media it was like a 2x or 4x burner..lol

alienleds3.jpg

clearpc5.jpg

Keizer

BANNED
Jan 17, 2005
Wa State
That's pretty cool Jav! I have never used one of those all acrylic cases. I do always go with a side window though. My current mobo has LEDs that create a pattern for trouble shooting. You would never be able to see them without a side window.

JOE1980DIRTe

Mar 6, 2009
OP, Kansas
so you have had good luck is modular psus? i always read that they are terrible for load balancing with multiple rails. you sound like you have some experience using them. im a bit skeptical of them so enlighten me!

Latest posts