New ride.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ol' grouch, Nov 4, 2019.

1. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

I'd have THEM pull the wheel while you watch-see their look if one rotor has pads down to rivits or such-I know its as/is and its yours when you drive off the lot,but it takes the -"you messed with it we're not responsible excuse",heck two days with a issue you brought up would seem reasonable for all parties involved to at least take a look,it looks like you bought it at a real dealership not a corner lot--Good luck Later Steve!!

2. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I purchased a 2015 Equinox one owner with really low miles for my son and I have had a chance to drive it some distance lately and I agree with how it feels so underpowered and working itself to death if you pull out in traffic or trying to pass on a two lane highway. Since I paid cash for it and hold the title, I'm going to trade this sucker in for something else when I decide what that something else is.

3. CitrusZ28

CitrusZ28 Veteran Member

I too was unimpressed by the 4 cylinder Equinox. I purchased a new 2017 Equinox with the V6, it has plenty of power, no problems like you describe. The trade-off is that the milage is only around 18MPG in city driving, but I am OK with that. When Chevrolet redesigned the Equinox for 2018, I though that it looked and felt smaller and cheaper, and a model similar to what I bought stickers for $5,000 more. Not. Worth. It.

4. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Just two days and my left knee and right leg have quit hurting. I'm slowly learning the controls. Jeez this thing is complicated. Still, except for the noise, I like it.

5. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I drove the new car for three days and now I have a loaner as they are working on the front brakes. At lezst they didn't grumble when the service people looked at it. I didn't realize how much I like the CX-5 until they gave me a new Mazda 3 for a loaner. My left knee had quit hurting and my right leg was feeling better. Got into a car like my Impala and the aches are back. Oh well, no cost to me and they said it's be done Friday afternoon or Saturday. The front rotors were warped from rust and sitting. They are going to refinish or replace them.

mrfleet12 likes this.