New rotors/ what are these?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by volsfan, Oct 12, 2009.

1. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NastyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

jee wiz I can't believe the freak out!! would you rather they not be balanced so you don't have to see those weights?
    I understant I'm going to catch hell here for offending but it bugs me when manufacturing procedures are pointed out to be questionable or wrong.

2. noobwrench

noobwrench Veteran Member

Ive seen a numbers El Camino with those. Its a common thing.

3. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Uh no, try again. I have bosch OEM rotors and they have mill fly cuts where they were balanced. Just about no rotor, regardless of manufacturing and metallurgy, will ever balance without adding or removing weight somehow. Some of the methods of removing weight (milled flats or drilled hubs) are less obvious though.

4. 78Z28rocker

78Z28rocker Member

They are for balancing. I have seen them on stock Chevy rotors.

5. volsfan

volsfan Veteran Member Gold Member

No offense taken...at least not by me! I was just curious what they were because I had no clue. Since it seems these are common I will go ahead and use these rotors. This board is a wealth of knowledge and I try to tap into that knowledge every chance I get. Thanks to all for the replies.

6. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NastyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

No problem, sorry not trying to offend, most often than not things are done for a reason, yes some methods are less expensive than others but this is to meet customer price points.