New seats

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Tallguy2o0o, May 23, 2004.

1. Tallguy2o0o

Tallguy2o0o Veteran Member

When your looking for new seats are they most likley just the upholstry or is it the whole seat already together ready to just go into the car? i saw them at paddockparts.com, for $230 would that be the 2 whole seats, or just the vynal to put on.

2. 70RATZ28

70RATZ28 Veteran Member

Just the covers. I dont believe you can just buy the seats from any of the resto parts places. They are a junkyard item. You can also get the foam and springs and what not but I dont think you can get the actual seat frames.

3. Tallguy2o0o

Damn, in that case 230 is alot just for the covers....anyone have 1 front seat vinal with the 79 blue? or light blue? not sure...i would be able to tell with a pic...

4. 70RATZ28

70RATZ28 Veteran Member

Did you think you could buy new seats for $230? A good set of junkyard seats will run you a couple of hundred bucks.

5. Tallguy2o0o

yea believe it or not, i thought i could get the seats for 230, im new to this so don't know whats a good price and what isn't. O well guess i should keep looking, if anyone has any ideas please tell me.

6. ZS10

ZS10 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Keep looking.
    The new covers are nice but waaaayyy too pricey. And then you have to put them on, which is up there with ball joints and four speed linkages on the list of fun things to do.
    Took me a year but I found (on this board) a pair of almost mint red seats. Exactly what I was looking for, for $100Can locally.

------------------
    73RS/LT/427

7. 70RATZ28

70RATZ28 Veteran Member

Yeah man just keep looking. When I decided to go with 4th gen seats. I sold a brand new set of covers for a 70' to a guy on this board for $75. If you look hard enough you will find what you need. E-Bay can be helpful. I found a whole lower dash for my car on E-Bay for $26.

8. Tallguy2o0o

Alright i appreciate the advice thank you guys.

9. ZHUGGER

ZHUGGER Veteran Member

Hello tallguy, welcome to the world of restoring Camaros, nothing is cheap so just take it in stride do a little at a time and before u no it, your project will be complete. It just takes alot of patience and money.Ive already dropped $5000.00 and I havent started on the interior or the front end. Good luck. Michael