New Summit wheels just arrived (Drag-Thrust)

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by BeefTip, May 9, 2013.

1. BeefTip

BeefTip Veteran Member

Well Summit didn't waste anytime getting the wheels here. I ordered them late Tuesday night -technically Wednesday (like 2:00 am) and they arrived this morning. I have been torn for months on which wheels to get, going back and forth between the drag, classic, or pro-touring look. I finally decided on a set of Summit Drag-thrust. I know they are not the top of the line wheels, but I am on a super limited car budget right now and I desperately needed new wheels.

I ordered (2)15x10, 5.5 bs and (2) 15x8, 4.5 bs. After opening the first box, I will have to say that I am very please with the finish and quality of these wheels, I will give more info once I get a set of tires to go on them....In fact, Im still needing input on the fronts, Im thinking 235/60 but Im worried about rubbing. Here are some pics I took of one of the wheels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

those would look badass with a black chrome powdercoating on the center and keep the polished hoops...
    might be heavy for for hardcore racers... but they look sturdy and suitable for the street.

I like them!:cool:

3. jb451

jb451 Veteran Member

man those look sweet!!! If you don't mind me askin, how much did they cost?

4. K5JMP

a 235x15 should work just fine...
    the more I look at them the more I like...
    going to look at 17's...lol:D

ETA.. no 17's dammit

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  5. BeefTip

BeefTip Veteran Member

I think the 15x10s were 139 each, and the 15x8s were 129 each. I think the total with shipping and tax was 596...fortunately, I still had some left on a summit gift card so I only paid $420.

6. BeefTip

BeefTip Veteran Member

Lol both give the car a totally different look, that is for sure. I ended up going with these for several reasons, one was price, the other is that I like the look of older/classic cars with 15s. That is not to say they dont look good with 17+, in fact, if i had deep pockets that may have happened. :bowtie:

7. K5JMP

I need 17's to work with my C5/C6 brakes...:whine:

8. BeefTip

BeefTip Veteran Member

good point on the weight...This is a 99.9% street car btw, I will take the car to the drag strip just to get a base line, but that is about it, this is a cruiser.

For what its worth, I have not weighed the wheels but both boxes had "shipping weights" of just over 40lbs each (2 per box). Im guessing that the wheels weigh around 18-20 a piece. I will weigh them on my a commercial scale, possibly tomorrow just to let people know.

9. Blown Camaro

Blown Camaro American by birth, drag racer by choice

I just saw these on a '71 Vega near my house. They look great! That reminds me, have to visit the new neighbor. He's waving a giant NHRA flag in front!

10. Skip Fix

Skip Fix Veteran Member

What do they weigh?