New Summit wheels just arrived (Drag-Thrust)

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by BeefTip, May 9, 2013.

1. BeefTip

BeefTip Veteran Member

The front end should be dropping down the next week or so, i have had the shocks/springs to do it, just not the time. I will be running MOOG 5664 so it should come down about 1.5" and should be sitting good.

2. BeefTip

BeefTip Veteran Member

here is a good shot from the back I took today, just to give you an idea on the fitment of the wheels/tires.

[​IMG]

3. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks great. Are you currently in Montgomery? I want to here that motor. Test and Tune at MMP was packed this past Friday night.

4. BeefTip

BeefTip Veteran Member

I actually just moved back to Columbus a few weeks ago. I graduated from law school at Faulkner and my wife found a job here (we are both from this area).

5. BeefTip

BeefTip Veteran Member

I may make the drive back down this fall with the car....I still have a ton of friends down there...and a free place to crash lol.

6. bygblok

bygblok Veteran Member

Wheels look great. Wnder how they'd do in a 17. Hey just out of curiousity, how well does that mild converter do with that cam? I just scored a 2500-2700 tci for my 700r4 and my cam will be around .512at the valve with a 1.6 or .480 with a 1.5. Kinda worried that it will be too bumpy for a tight converter.

7. BeefTip

BeefTip Veteran Member

It does Ok, a little more wouldnt hurt though. I just dont like stalls to be too high because i drive so much on the street. The real problem with mine is I still have a good bit of tuning to do on the carb AND my gearing is really low.

8. bygblok

bygblok Veteran Member

understood. I may try mine with the 1.5's at first to see how the motor acts and then see if it will take the 1.6's later on. I have a 3.31 gear in my 70 with a 700r4 so mine is OK light to light or on the highway. Can't wait to get the new motor in. Waiting for the rods to hang out of the current one first!!! lol

9. 79RedZ

79RedZ Veteran Member

Beef, that looks really nice. I like how it fills up the wheelwell.

10. 75camaroguy

75camaroguy New Member

Man those tires sure look familiar!

Mine is in the shop right now and the rears and weld pro stars just came in. The front are the same mt s/r 15x6 but they come in next week. The rears are 28x12 on a 15x10 rim. Got the fenders rolled and had to hammer as well. The front suspension just got rebuilt and i went with hotchkis springs for a 1.5 drop, it has a nice rake and a nice squat stance now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

75 Camaro-383/Hughes turbo 400-410hp/452tq. 3000rpm Circle D converter. 3:73 Gears/Moroso brute force posi/Moser Axles..goes on and on..

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013