newschool72 build pics....DONE !

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by newschool72, Nov 30, 2011.

1. newschool72

newschool72 Veteran Member

thanks. is there another kind of beer?LOL. the arm healed great. no scaring to speak of. if any of you ever get a bad burn, silver sulfadiazine is the bomb ! its by prescription only, so ask your doc for it;)

2. newschool72

thanks. yea, the arm was well done. i didnt know if i should have wrapped it up or eaten it !:screwup:

3. newschool72

ouch is an understatement . most painful thing ive ever been through. honestly felt like somebody poured gas on me and struck a match! showered my whole left side, but the arm got the worst of it. i ran out of the garage and stood in the lawn sprinkler and all that would come out of my mouth was call somebody, over and over. my wife called somebody,911 ! got my first ambulance ride at 46:whine: it all turned out ok though. bad thing was after all that time building the car , i finally cranked it for the first time and that happened. i was on garage restriction for 4 weeks:(

4. marks LT

marks LT Veteran Member

are the seats 4th gen leather ones ?

5. newschool72

yes sir......at least they were sold to me as leather seats. they look and feel like leather. i do know they came out of a 95 Z28, because the build tags are still on them.

6. newschool72

if you want to get a look at the seats, you can go to the " newschool72 walk around vid" on this same forum. it shows the back seats as well.

7. RS1970

RS1970 Veteran Member

Nice work on the car! Not so much on the arm......ouch!

8. TheMeat

TheMeat Veteran Member

Looks good!

9. newschool72

guys, i really appreciate the complements. you all know that we build these cars for ourselves, by for our peers to enjoy them means alot. make all those hours of sweat and blisters(LOL) worth it.:bowtie:

10. newschool72

oh, by the way, i took her out for a 30 mile drive today. really happy with it so far. drove, turned, and braked great. i didnt flog on the throttle hard, because i had my son and 5 yr old girl in an untested car, but overall , happy. car even went straight letting go of the wheel. pretty impressive sense i just eyeball the alinment . i cant wait to open her up after things get broke in!;)