Nice JBL 5 channel amplifier, $79.99 plus tax.

Discussion in 'Car Audio, Electronics & Security' started by AJ_72, Feb 23, 2014.

1. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

2. hhott71

hhott71 R.I.P 11/19/18 Lifetime Gold Member

Good find, they are $240 on amazon.

Did these "fall off a truck" someplace? LOL

3. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

That's funny. LOL

[​IMG]

4. POS71RS

POS71RS Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Done. Never heard of Cowboom, but my Discover card has great security. I'll be watching it closely.

Sounds too good to be true...

5. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

You're fine. It's Best Buy's website. It's kind of like their outlet store/site.

It's where they sell the open box, returns, overstock and out dated items. It used to be called DealTime, IIRC. Actually, you'll probably still see that name on your CC bill. That's how it showed up on my PayPal account.

Best Buy has so much crap, it's unreal. I think they have 4 websites, total.
    One is a warehouse outlet. TechLiquidation something. You can only buy a pallet full of stuff, or i.e., bulk items. Of course, Cowboom. They have their "business" site, their regular Best Buy site, and they also sell overstock on eBay. It's all about subsidizing.

Edit: It's DealTree not DealTime

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  6. POS71RS

POS71RS Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's good to hear. I saw the Best Buy tag on the header of the page, but I didn't investigate it.

I figure this might sound better than the currently 17 yr old amp I have now...lol

7. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

For those that missed out on this deal, I gotta say, I'm sorry for your loss.

This amplifier is absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to give it to my son in June for his project car on his 15th birthday. He's gonna pass out when he sees this thing. He admires the one in my wife's car every time we open the trunk to get stuff in and out.

She has the more primitive looking GTO601.1ii running an Alpine 8" Type R in her '12 Cruze. The GTO601.1ii has kind of a "Terminator" look to it. This one (GTO5355) is much more modern and has that cool "Transformers" type of look to it.

GTO601.1ii

[​IMG]

GTO5355

[​IMG]

8. SMCZ28

SMCZ28 Veteran Member

I was thinking of buying it to try and resell, got that thought a little too late and they were sold out. lol