nitrous/carb single fuel pump

Discussion in 'Competition Camaros' started by 89rodknocker, Jul 30, 2014.

1. 89rodknocker

89rodknocker Veteran Member

Im plan on running a single cheater plate max 200 shot. I have a a2000 pump and a mallory140. I was wondering if either one of those pumps would be good enough to run both the carb and plate off of one. I dont have the funds to sump the tank right now but want to run at the next grudge with the plate on.

2. J78

J78 New Member

I have run C 140 feeding the motor with a 175 shot, and it kept up through the 1/8 no problems. If you already have both pumps it would be cheap insurance.

3. 79CamaroZ28

79CamaroZ28 Veteran Member

I would run dedicated fuel system.. neither of those pumps are up to the task...

4. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  5. LeKid

LeKid Veteran Member

The A2000 is MORE then enough for your setup. I know some Top Sportsman guys runnign 1200hp on motor and 800hp of nitrous with this pump with no issues.

I have an Holley 350gph that feeds both my motor and nitrous and I make aroung 1000-1050hp total.

Running a single pump is way easier and better IMO.

I did the 2 pump deal years ago and it was more trouble then anything. Wouldn't do it again. If the nitrous pump does not turn on or dies, you melt the motor. If you only have one pump and it dies, the car stalls and nothing gets broken, way better!!!

6. runudown72

runudown72 New Member

What is the engine combo? I don't think I'd trust running any kit and carb through a single stock line. just my opinion.

7. LeKid

LeKid Veteran Member

I am not using the stock line. I have a -12an from the tank (tank has a sump) to the pump (Holley 350gph) with a -8an bypass back to the tank from the pump, then -10an from the pump to the fuel log where I have 2 regulators, one for the motor and one for the nitrous. I run a 665hp 400ci sbc with 300hp of nitrous. It is making 1000-1050 on nitrous at the crank.

You can't use the 3/8" stock line for anything more then around 500-550hp, max!!! Installing a ssecond pump would require another line to be passes, so might as well do it properly the first time.