NOS Parts Question

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Brad W, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Brad W

Brad W New Member

I recently p/u a 73 split bumper Z28 & a bunch of extra parts. I have searched all over the net to find these parts on line for sale to help determine value but not much luck except after market. This car is a nice project but doesn’t deserve nos fenders, inners, grills, rocker moldings, bezels & emblems. The only item I found listed was fenders listed for 1800 each, to me that is not a realistic price. The reason this car doesn’t deserve these nos parts is no motor or tranny, changing color, is a 4 speed switching to auto & it came with triple everything. Just trying to figure a fair price in today’s market.
    Thanks

2. 73RATTYZ28

73RATTYZ28 Veteran Member

I paid 950 a fender for some nos ones recently.

3. Brad W

Brad W New Member

Thanks, that I would spend if I needed it.

4. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

If the NOS right fender is from 70-74 without the air cleaner snorkle indent it is very sought after. Like wise for a left fender with the full plate (not angle cut) for the washer bottle.

Knucklehead likes this.
  5. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I wouldn't sell them until after you've attempted to make reproduction panels fit.
    You may want to use them in your build just to save you the headache of fitting the aftermarket panels.

In the case of extra NOS parts... Either sell them at a price you're happy with or keep them just in case something gets damaged.

There's a Swap Meet section where you can list them with a sales price.

6. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Brad, I'm confused on what you are doing....you have NOS parts and don't want to use them? Or deciding if you want to buy NOS or used? I agree, depending on the buyer a NOS set of fenders can be sought after and the buyer is at your mercy. For example, I have a mint Pass fender I can't seem to give away, yet people are asking $1000 for a single fender. You just have to find that buyer, but like mentioned to me....a NOS part is typically worth 2X repop. So a NOS fender to me realistically is $500. I highly doubt you will come across a NOS fenders without the aircleaner indent and washer bottle metal. I do have a very nice 1970-72 Pass fender...not sure If I want to use it over my NOS.

7. Brad W

Brad W New Member

8. Brad W

Brad W New Member

Since I have rust free parts I plan on using them, I checked & fenders & inners are newer sold over the counter back in 94 I think. Thanks for the info on original parts used when car was made I didn’t know any of that.

9. Brad W

Brad W New Member

Thanks, they are not from early 70’s

10. Brad W

Brad W New Member

Thanks I plan to list them