IMG_0037.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 66

PNW.Paul

Veteran Member
Feb 8, 2022
36BCC30A-F94A-451C-AB7C-39AC65FE4751.jpeg
073EFFCC-D04E-4EB7-9B70-37DA8229B602.jpeg
30749F75-26EB-4FD1-BBCE-292E4BDC8C06.jpeg

I had a bunch of things to fix in a short time, so I chose to save some money and buy the OER dash pad. Thanks to all the experts here, I knew nothing would be perfect and expected issues. It wasn't too bad. The OER fit pretty well - only exception being driver side post area. Big gap there. I wasn't going for perfection and didn't take a lot of time to adjust. I believe I can make it better with some future effort. Sorry these images don't show the "through the glass" perspective - that gap and elevation had a nice fit. No real issues there. Good luck with your project.

[email protected]

Veteran Member
Sep 30, 2009
Ocala, FL
Hi Rick,

I just installed a NPD Dashboard, it came out great everywhere except the drivers slide pillar. The molding will not fit properly due to the obstruction of the dash. My car is a low mileage 1976 Camaro. View attachment 144978

This is the first time I've learned of this issue, but I'm afraid that I do not have any miracle cure for you. My only advice would be to carefully trim/clearance the pad.

Rick
NPD

RSVern

Jul 31, 2022
This is the first time I've learned of this issue, but I'm afraid that I do not have any miracle cure for you. My only advice would be to carefully trim/clearance the pad.

Rick
NPD
Do you believe a heat gun would help? Trimming the pad after installing it is not a good option. The other option is to try trimming the molding. Thanks for your input. I am very surprised to know you have not seen this issue before. There seem to be other folks posting this issue online. Some of the guys are highly recommending the use of a heat gun.

Rosster

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2020
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for pointing out what I've been battling all along!! This area was the same with the original GM pads.

All other difficulties I take notes and forward to our test-installer and factory. But fact is that if we make any further modifications to the tooling, that means having to machine/modify in textured areas, re-texture the tooling, and the laws of unintended consequences are HUGE!! That's where the "ghost lines" can enter the picture, or inconsistent texture, or-or-or... So for right now, knowing that most installations go very straight forward, and a few do not, we're probably smart and best-advised to stick with our horse, and provide as best support as we can, and take returns from those who are unsatisfied. But I honestly don't think there's any better alternative out there, beyond springing for NOS, which have become unobtainium practically-speaking.

Rick
NPD
Rick,
love your q&a each month on the musclecar place podcasts! Thanks for sharing you insights with is all!

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
View attachment 144983 View attachment 144982 View attachment 144981

I had a bunch of things to fix in a short time, so I chose to save some money and buy the OER dash pad. Thanks to all the experts here, I knew nothing would be perfect and expected issues. It wasn't too bad. The OER fit pretty well - only exception being driver side post area. Big gap there. I wasn't going for perfection and didn't take a lot of time to adjust. I believe I can make it better with some future effort. Sorry these images don't show the "through the glass" perspective - that gap and elevation had a nice fit. No real issues there. Good luck with your project.

The new "made in USA" dash from OER....is an NPD dashpad.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
I used a OER dash in the past, not sure what it was advertised as, but if you go to CI website, they make it very clear one is USA made and the other isn't. Which is funny because they are all made in Taiwan.
that's funny , i bought a oer dash pad in 2010 it says made in USA on box . i ended up using a NPD that i got last year