NTSTLKR

NTSTLKR

Jan 10, 2022
NH Seacoast
Howdy from the NH Seacoast. This is a 79 Z28. 454 LS6, T400, 9" rear with 4.11 gears.
I just recently swapped hoods and pulled off the 15X3.5" front runners and replaced them with 15X8.5/295/50R15s to match the rear. Also changed the plate to NTSTLKR.
A.jpg
B.jpg
C.jpg
A.jpg
B.jpg
C.jpg

G72Zed

Veteran Member
Sep 8, 2015
Canada
Welcome aboard, Nice ride you have there, I actually like the old school 15x3.5 and 28x10 CenterLine look.

NTSTLKR

Jan 10, 2022
NH Seacoast
Thanks Guys. It's winter & I'm just trying out some different looks. The old hood is cool, but tough to see around the RF on the street.
The new 4" cowl hood was actually a real challenge to get an air cleaner under. The old hood was much taller in the front.
I wound up using a Moroso Drop base and a 3" filter, designing a custom lid in CAD and 3D printed it out of Nylon 12 carbon fiber.
Matched the curvature of the drop base right up to the minimal clearance I needed to close the hood.
The Moroso lid is designed for a 4" filter, and if you use a 3", there's only about 1/2" between the bottom of the lid and the top of the base adjacent to the Dominator carb airhorn. With this lid, I gained an 1" back.
I thought I could just use the 4" Filter with a sloped front- but the BB is 1" offset to the passenger side and I found I had interference there too with the side of the scoop.

A.jpg
B.jpg

Last edited:

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
Welcome! That is one serious car. Gorgeous too. I also like the old hood, but the cowl suits it too, and if it let's you see, that's a win.

Latest posts