Obsolete Option Video

ULTM8Z

Veteran Member
May 19, 2000
Los Angeles
Hooking your car up to the internet... lol.

Yeah who could have seen how that could be a problem... ?

Just wait until the government figures out what they can do with that.

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
I don’t drive enough to make it worth paying for Sirius or On-Star.

Having to pay to enable seat heaters is outright theft, IMO!

I hope that New Jersey bill becomes a law (preventing hardware like seat heaters from being disabled).

gramps

Veteran Member
Jul 5, 2009
mankato, mn
Agree 110%. Should not ever have to PAY to make a function of the car work. What’s next gonna cost a bucks everytime you roll a window down??

The rate they are going I’m likely to have a million miles on my junk I will not pay stupid fees to use a car that I paid for. If I can hold the rust and rot at bay. My poor truck is at 276,000 and there’s no rockers, tailgate is shot, front fenders bubbling badly and the box sides are quickly starting to dissolve. Already replaced the brake lines.

Aaaaanyway there’s many features of older cars that are long gone. Some I miss, some not so much. Wish there were more stick shift options. My 06 Grand Prix would be a whole lot more fun to drive if it was a stick. Even my truck id like to see a stick in. I mean nowadays it’s pretty much relegated to hauling the camper around or bad weather. Manual windows Never bothered me. Locks are actually pretty handy being powered - constantly with kids in car seats and the wife.

xten

Veteran Member
Sep 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa.
8 track? I had a 66 GTO with a 4 track player that was mounted backwards on the rear of the console. Try to change a tape while rowing through the gears. Had a 68 Eldo that had an inside door handle for rear seat passengers. OK, now it's official. I'm a fossil.
Stellantes (Chrysler) is now charging us to scan some vehicles or access is denied. Other major manufacturers are probably going to follow suit.

Last edited:

Jimmac

Veteran Member
Dec 24, 2013
tucson az
I didn't watch the video but none of our daily drivers has a ashtray. the 2017 didn't come with a lighter. jim

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
8 track? I had a 66 GTO with a 4 track player that was mounted backwards on the rear of the console. Try to change a tape while rowing through the gears.
Used to work with a guy, pretty well to do, bought his kid a Corvette. Put the 8 track in the back middle. Kid was driving, reached around to change the track, dropped off the road, overcorrected (easy to do in a Vette back then) and tore up the car pretty bad. Today we have texting. The more things change........

Latest posts