Oil additives

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by TTR230, Sep 9, 2020.

1. G72Zed

G72Zed Veteran Member

Maybe there is good reason why the members here have not not brought up that link. Not stating there is no good information, but one needs to do there due diligence on reading into it.

Not hard to google 540RAT and spend 20+ hours reading on all the links....not including his papers.

2. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

So what are you saying? this guy is full of dog dirt and you should use the oil you recommend?

3. G72Zed

G72Zed Veteran Member

All I'm saying it would be wise for a person to look into this and do their research, many good oils out there that can do the job.

As the old saying goes "smart people learn from there mistakes, wise people learn from others"

4. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Saw a couple of his testing results, very low rated oil, add 2 ounces of miracle additive and it's right at the top rating. And most of his testing is on very light weight oils except for the diesel oils.

5. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The only way ZDDP is going to hurt your Catalytic Converter is if you burn oil. Or have a pig rich oil burning, smoking turd for an engine.
    . I've had dual cats on my car for like 5 years, been running Rotella 15W40.
    Had the exhaust apart to put on new pipes and mufflers. When I welded the cats back on they were as clean as when they were new...