Oil Pressure Gauge

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Elliott Taylor, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Elliott Taylor

Elliott Taylor Member

Guys,

I recently installed an in-dash oil pressure gauge in my 77 camaro from camaro central/part#DAS-467C.

I'm trying to figure out which sending unit switch will work with this gauge, because the unit I bought from Advance Auto doesn't work..It tries to register, but hangs around zero..

Camaro central offers a switch, but they are closed right now due to weather. Anyone here had this issue, or can you recommend a sending unit switch that will work?

2. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

A gauge uses a different sender than the idiot light uses. The idiot light sender is a simple switch that switches at a preset pressure. The gauge requires a variable resistor type sender that feeds a varying resistance to the gauge to get a reading.
    I would wait until you can contact Camaro Central and get the right one calibrated to work with their gauge. You could end up trying a lot of the generic ones made for other gauges and never get it to read accurately. You really want one that matches the gauge you have.

3. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

Check post #7.
    /nastyz28.com/threads/erratic-oil-pressure-gauge.255311/

4. flht99b

flht99b Veteran Member Gold Member

If you have a Daniels Guage Marks oil pressure gauge, you need the Borg Warner S768 sender. Don't buy an off brand, get the BW S768.

5. Elliott Taylor

Elliott Taylor Member

Fantastic, thanks !

6. Elliott Taylor

Elliott Taylor Member

Wait....Is the gauge you described what I have? Mine is from camaro central..

7. flht99b

flht99b Veteran Member Gold Member

I prefaced my reply stating Daniels Gauge Marks oil pressure gauge. I have no idea who Camaro Central gets their oil pressure gauge from as they make nothing, just resell others products. Since you bought the gauge from Camaro Central, why didn't you purchase the sender at that time or inquire about which one you needed.

8. Steemo

Steemo New Member

I'd like to add the Gauge Marks Oil press gauge in place of the clock. Shall I take the time (while I have the cluster out) to make a new section of plexiglas so I can delete that little hole that was for the clock adjuster? Anyone gone that far with that mod?
    Are the Gauge Marks still available? Saw a thread here about Daniel (GaugeMarks) has retired.