oil pressure sending unit

Skaal-tel 79

Veteran Member
Jun 20, 2004
CFB Petawawa, Ontario
For those of you running an electronic oil pressure sending unit, such as the autometer piece:

How have you plumbed it or attached it to the engine block?

I ask because mine is currently rigged up with some npt fittings and it seems to leak a bit.

I was thinking maybe an npt - AN/JIC fitting, some small braided hose..

any ideas?

The GM style is small enough to simply attach direct to the block.. the autometer is not.

Oil_Pressure_Sensors_6208.JPG

Philip

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 30, 2006
Marana, AZ
Used a long nipple and a 45° coupler to angle it out in the open area.

Ignore the dust, photo was taken during the body work phase.

oilsender.jpg

CorkyE

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ringgold, GA
I have the Autometer one and even though it looks like it won't fit, it will. I removed the distributor (HEI), doped the threads, screwed it in and reinstalled dizzy. I had already bought that 045* fitting pictured above but didn't need it.

harbone66

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 15, 2011
Central Illinois
I made mine up with a 2" pipe, a T and a 90 degree so I could still have the dummy light switch still connected. It was a tight fit but I didnt need to remove the distributor.
23007982-756.jpg

23007997-900.jpg

CorkyE

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ringgold, GA
There's no reason you can't use the braided line, it's just an expensive solution to a simple answer. See if it will fit underneath the distributor first, and if not, look at the 045* fitting. IMHO

meldrum

Dec 21, 2011
Canada
Oil Pressure Line

Hello,

I have used this pressure line for the last 3 years on my Nova. Blue nipple is 1/8" NPT and is easily installed with a 1/2" wrench or socket. Line is approximately 14" long and uses a 9/16"" wrench. The line is long enough to hide behind the brake booster. This particular sending unit has dual electrical connections for both my gauge and light.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• oil pressure line.jpg
    oil pressure line.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 273
Rene Melten said:
Yea I agree with CorkyE, and then you'll still have to mount it somewhere secure.

Yup the parts are only a few bucks from Lowes. You will not find a 45* on the shelf tho. Get a straight with a 90*. Just as pictured by Harbone.

The Autometer will not install behind the dist without these parts.

Latest posts