Ok, here goes nothing...

Discussion in 'Nebraska Camaro Club' started by MattW, Jul 17, 2002.

1. MattW

MattW New Member

I bought my camaro project car about 2 months ago... its a '81 sport w/ t-tops. primer grey right now. originally came w/ a 267 v8, last owner replaced w/ crappy 305, i'm in the process of taking the engine out. I have gutted the whole interior for drag racing purposes.. I really would like to go the big block route.. but a small block, maybe 350, or 383 would be less costly. so anyone in Nebraska, or Lincoln that'd wanna meet up and talk about our 'maros sometime? I'm up for anything!
    ~matt

2. yellowcamaro

yellowcamaro Veteran Member

Matt,
    I live in Lincoln. My '71 has a 383 so I can give you a little insight (not much because of how customizable they are!) about how a 383 performs compared to a 350.

Marshal

http://www.geocities.com/marshal_rogers/

3. MattW

MattW New Member

well I think i might've found a rebuilder engine.. its a 454. yeah but we should meet up sometime, i'd love to see your camaro! just wondering..how old are you?
    ~matt

4. yellowcamaro

Now you are talking! 454 is my dream motor. I don't know why but something about that motor in my car makes me tingle all over ;-)

I am 26 (but my wife says I act 12)

You ever make it down to Sonic on south 48th for the Friday night cruise?

Marshal

5. MattW

MattW New Member

yeah i was just there tonight!
    how about you? I'm 17 by the way... i'm going to scribner tommorrow.. but can't find anyone to go with, all my friends are working.. you going? or know anyone who is?
    ~matt

6. yellowcamaro

Nope. Didn't make it to either Sonic or Scribner. Actually never been to Scribner. Is it worth the drive? How far is it from Lincoln? (Might have to plan a getway from the wife and kids!)

Do they have a schedule of events online?

7. MattW

MattW New Member

yes, www.nemotorplex.com its usually every other friday, then saturday, is the "street race" where anybody can race. I'm going up this friday, then next saturday, it alternates.. yeah its 6 bux to just get in and watch, and if you wanna race, its 25 dollars, and you get one passenger in your car in free, then 6 for each extra person in the car. I think it's definately worth it on friday nights, its so fun! its about a hour and a half drive usually (like 65 mi), basically take north 77 all the way up through fremont, then i think you take 297 west (??) to hooper, go through hooper a little, then it has a big sign on the left that says racers enterence. and you have to take a gravel road for a little ways then there it is... the old airstrips. so yeah, its cool, and i would definately like to see your camaro sometime just for fun!
    ~matt