Ok which one of you guys is going to school me on QA1 drag shocks

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
Yesterday I bought my 1st set of single adjustable QA1's. What setting on these is a good place to start at as I use CE's now.

xten

Veteran Member
Sep 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Are they the 12 way compression ones? I started at 6 and just experimented. Leafs with leaf links. It would really depend on everything in your suspension. One thing I do know maybe just in my case, don't stagger the settings. Keep them the same.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
Are they the 12 way compression ones? I started at 6 and just experimented. Leafs with leaf links. It would really depend on everything in your suspension. One thing I do know maybe just in my case, don't stagger the settings. Keep them the same.
These are for the front of the car, not sure how many settings there are I will have to ask my friend who runs QA1 Dave Goldie.

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
I'm running QA-1 Double adjustable drag racing shocks up front and Calvert racing 9 way shocks on the rear

I'll have to get back to you on what the front QA -1 shocks are set at right and and that info is in my tool box in the garage . I do know the Calvert racing rear shocks are set at 7

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
I will say one thing about QA1's, they weren't kidding when you set them on 90-10 the shock stem pulls up quick. I have a new set of Calvert 90-10's and their valving isn't even close to the QA1's. Glad I bough them.

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
I will say one thing about QA1's, they weren't kidding when you set them on 90-10 the shock stem pulls up quick. I have a new set of Calvert 90-10's and their valving isn't even close to the QA1's. Glad I bough them.

I noticed a huge difference myself going from Lakewood 90/10's to the double adjustable QA1 shocks . The QA1's transfer are so much quicker in transferring weight back towards the rear tires

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
I had a chance to test all 3 set of my shocks with another 2nd gen Camaro as a buddy was racing last week end. We ran the 3 sets and the difference was very interesting.

CE shocks set at all 3 settings were the slowest 60ft. times 1.52 to 1.56, the cars front end was unruly with those shocks.

Calvert 90-10 shocks were 1.47 to 1.50 Pretty good for an out of the box non-setting shock.

The QA-1's were the winner in his car with 1.42 to 1.44 60ft times set at the lightest setting.

What I liked about the QA1's, is that his cars front end did not fall back down real fast and carried down the track well. He did put his Viking shocks back in and the car went 1.37 60ft. with his good stuff, but for me it was cheap testing.

Pretty fun getting to test them all out and a big thanks to him for letting me do this, but he does get valve work for free so I guess it's a wash.

Latest posts