OMG....Found 18 years later!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Fawn, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Little Naples

Little Naples Veteran Member

I agree....it's almost like she would have been better off if he had killed her 18 years ago.

I'm still more teed off at the authorities for letting this guy go about his business in privacy while on parole.....they should have locked him up for life on several previous occasions when they had him in custody.

2. Fawn

Fawn Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah that one blows my mind. I know a guy who is the lowest level sex offender, and his probation officer drops by his home for surprise inspections fairly frequently.

I think they are much more strict with parole and probation terms today than they were 20 years ago though.

I just can't imagine that the neighbors didn't identify his car way back then...and there being no suspicion when you hear kids in the backyard but never see them coming or going? Soooo bizarre.... and in every neighborhood I've lived in there are nosy people and nosy young kids who are always looking over fences and climbing into people's yards. I'm just shocked no one came upon them imprisoned in the back yard!

3. Little Naples

They interviewed one of his neighbors last night on the news and he said his wife called police on more than one occasion saying she thought there was something weird about seeing young girls behind the fence with adult men and no women around....apparently nothing was ever done about it.

4. TonyZ

TonyZ Veteran Member

If the freak was my neighbor and i found out what was goin on i would have slipped and smashed both barrels of my 12 gauge side by side threw his teeth and pulled both triggers whoops sorry!!!! One less POS on the planet or in prison livin off of my tax money!!!
    Im sure if he goes to prison he will be repeatedly raped and killed but why even waste tax dollars on a trial! he fathered 2 children with a minor that he kidnapped and raped!! nothing but the death penalty is worthy of this scum!!

5. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Agreed. Everyone misses that last part. Vengeance don't work like the movies (though sometimes it would be nice if it did).

I wonder if the best thing for these kids is to actually downplay the gravity of the whole situation, and just focus on the half-full aspect of showing them what the rest of the world has to offer. From what I've seen, pity from others seems to feed a self-defeating spiral.

Not sure I'm expressing that the way I want to, but I hope you get my point.

6. Little Naples

The more I read about this case the more ticked off I get....check this out

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8431843

incompetent police....all they had to do was run this guy through a computer and find out that he's a paroled sex offender....I mean WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!

"The sheriff said an officer sent to check out the 911 complaint met with Garrido in his front yard, determined nothing criminal was going on, and left.

"He did not enter or request to enter the backyard," Rupf said. "This is not an acceptable outcome. Organizationally, we should have been more inquisitive, more curious and turned over a rock or two."

The sheriff also said the officer was not aware that Garrido had previously been convicted of kidnap and rape and was a registered sex offender."

7. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I like the way you think.

I agree......there is no Justice America can properly serve to this man.
    OUR Justice system is a complete joke, always has been, always will be.

He should be exported to the Middle East or China for sentencing.
    We should send the most heinous criminals to foreign prisons for torture.

I feel so bad for that girl......18 years.....unbelievable.....at least she's alive.
    But she will need psychiatric help for life (hello taxpayers!!!!)

8. jdove

jdove Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Here's an update from Dr. Keith Ablow..:mad: :mad:

Jaycee Lee Dugard, who was abducted as an 11-year-old girl, held captive for 18 years and recently admitted to her mother she felt guilty for bonding with her captors, likely suffered from Stockholm syndrome, said one psychiatrist.

“An 11-year-old who is abducted and held against her will has little alternative but to bond with her captors,” said Dr. Keith Ablow, a psychiatrist and FOX News contributor. “To maintain one’s desperation and grief and rage for many years, would be too damaging to the human mind – so the human mind tells itself a story about safety and contentment to safeguard itself – that’s the essence of Stockholm syndrome.”

Dugard was allegedly kidnapped by Nancy and Phillip Garrido in 1991 and kept in a series of tents and sheds in couple’s backyard in Antioch, Calif. Police say Phillip Garrido repeatedly raped Dugard, 29, and she gave birth to his two children, ages 11 and 15.

Stockholm syndrome occurs when a person is held by powerful captors, Ablow said. They ally themselves with their captors because they fear death, and one defense mechanism is for the person held hostage to imagine that their captor is on their side.

Undersheriff Fred Kollar of the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office in California said Thursday during a news conference that Dugard and her two children were healthy, “but living in a backyard for 18 years takes its toll.”

Dugard was reunited Thursday with her mother, who was overjoyed to learn the ordeal was over and the daughter she feared dead was actually alive.

Ablow, who has not treated Dugard, said it was likely Dugard did not speak disparagingly about Phillip Garrido to her children.

“Jaycee’s first sexual experience was almost certainly with this man,” Ablow said. “She depended upon him for cleanliness, food and shelter. This complete dependence would preclude her from telling her children that this man was the devil.”

Going forward, Dugard might tell the children that “their father is a sick man, but they are now safe and very well cared for,” Ablow said.

Ablow said treating Dugard and her children will be like “walking a psychological tightrope” – they have been with the Garridos for so long, they inevitably will feel a sense of loss, yet all three need to learn to become independent.

"She is at risk for the most severe post-traumatic symptoms, including flashbacks, but she is also at risk for severe depression and for substance abuse to deal with the feelings likely to surface now that she is safe,” Ablow said. “Regarding Jaycee's children: They know nothing but the life they have lived and will need teams of healing professionals to encourage them to share their thoughts and feelings in order to have any hope of escaping severe mental disorders.”

See Next Story in Health

9. Camarofanatic73

Camarofanatic73 Veteran Member

10. girl-E

girl-E New Member

Jesus F'N Christ. How the hell does this man go untouched for so long. I don't care what anyone has to say about "due process" or HIS constitutional rights. With this amount of evidence and the fact that HE brought the victim and their two children into the police dept and admitted he kidnapped her 18 years ago....what the f*** are they waiting for. Get rid of him already!

I'm currently journaling all the ways this man should suffer before ultimately being put down like the sick freak he is. And don't get me started on that bottom feeder of a wife of his. How the f*** does she sleep at night.

I know how their both going to be sleeping from now on...with one eye open!!
    :mad: