OMG - Jump Box recommendation

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by Smokin'Joe, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

20200711_003850.jpg I have no fish in this game, but my daughter ran off with my jumper cables and in order to get them back I offered to get her a jump box. I researched quite a bit and found the Audew to have some pretty good results. Her car is a 2.5 liter engine, so after reading reviews and watching youtube videos, even though I thought the 1000 amp would be sufficient, I opted for the 1500 amp Audew jump starter. I really expected it to "kindof work" with a low battery in a pinch, but I just received this in the mail, charged it and thought I'd give it a try. This one says it is rated for ALL gas and up to 8.5 liter diesel..., yeah right.

I am in the habit of swapping batteries between my cars depending on what I will be driving, but I do have a few "absolutely dead" batteries in the back of my shop. I first tried this with no battery and had "0" results, so I wasn't expecting much. I went and grabbed an absolutely dead battery from the back of my shop, dropped it in my 396 Camaro and hooked up this 1500 Amp Audew jump box. Lo and behold, I kid you not, this cranked the car faster than the normal Interstate or whatever I have in there..., I started it, and ran it for about 5 minutes, then started it again...., I am amazed.

I have no idea how long this will last, but with the Lithium Ion battery, I'm guessing it should be good for awhile.

Right now if you go to www.Audew.com, they have better prices, no tax and free shipping on their boxes. Disclaimer, they are made in and manufactured in China, which I do not like and was delivered directly by Amazon (which I can not stand), but the 1500 amp was $69 and they have a 2000 amp, which I will be ordering momentarily for $89. This is without a doubt the best jump box I have had in my entire life. Small, compact and easy to store.

--

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  2. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

What I use.
    72D6503F-84A9-4BAE-9051-83F8A13B6BDF.jpeg

3. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hello COPO, yours is similar to one I have in my shop...., these new lithium based Audews are not much bigger than a typical owners manual. With the case and clamps, it's a little thicker, but should fit in most glove boxes or in with the spare tire. Plus supposedly, they hold their charge a really long time.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  4. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Pretty amazing stuff with these Li-ion jump boxes. I studied these for a while looking at the actual battery size, weight, and output, bought a GooLoo 1500 amp box on Amazon. Under $70. Got the Camaro uncovered last spring and the battery was too low to start it. Hooked this little box up and it did the job easy. And most of these gizmos are pretty handy to power other stuff too, but have to make sure the actual output is 12 volts for some stuff. Ahh, modern technology.

5. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah these small compact power packs are pretty impressive! Good for emergency situations! However the output on these things drop way off when stored in below freezing temps, at least that's what my owners manual say's...
    I have a similar unit I pack along for emergency use on my Yamaha Sidewinder snowmobile since 4-strokes don't have pull-cords.

6. biker

biker Veteran Member

Real snowmobiles have pull cords. HA! But seriously, even if your Yam had a pull cord, it would break, or u couldn't pull it. Those things are a beast.

7. Zoomin

Zoomin Veteran Member

I purchased one about 6 months ago, they’re awesome.