one more fender thread

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by cisco 1, Aug 9, 2021.

1. cisco 1

cisco 1 Member

i asking about company quality control . one side ok and the otter side a total scrap .
    i have 2 goodmark fender . passager side finish nice but had to fill weld top fender gap , reshape the round section in middle cuting and reweld back fender lip , but it did finish very nice and super strait .

driver side was a fuking mess . i weld the gap all the way , reshape the round section up down by cutting and welding back lip but they were a round balloon from front to back in nid lower section near door gap ... did try fixing it but now a declare it scrap . every part of it need repair .

if i by new goodmark can i be lucky to have a nice one or maybe a bad one again . pasenger was nice , had to put time in it but it did finish super nice

AMD is pricy here and i alredy have a 327$ bended trunk , fit is horrible , i will have to cut and reweld trunk hinge to lower one side that is way to high. speed shop order new one and it also bended badly in shiping . i will have to by one more . so not realy hapy about AMD , might try goodmark again .

2. jester1

jester1 Veteran Member

Normal.

MChamp likes this.
  3. MChamp

MChamp Veteran Member

Is it just me?,, or did anything, if anything, produced in 2020 sux?

4. jester1

jester1 Veteran Member

It still sucks and its twice the price with covid tax
    When you buy brake pads sometimes they give you a small pouch of lube, maybe they should include that with eveything post covid

MChamp likes this.
  5. MChamp

MChamp Veteran Member

yeah, I buy the can of permatex spray.

6. jester1

jester1 Veteran Member

cisco I found that the fenders seem to be out either at the fender to mask point or the bottom. Ive also seen them fit like a glove.

vas.jpeg This usually is required when purchasing during covid...:D

cisco 1 likes this.
  7. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Have you searched your version of our "craigslist"?I find if you post up a "wanted to buy"or "looking for" in the for sale sections,people sometimes come off of things they wouldnt normally list.You might have some OEMs laying around in someones shed up there.