Ongoing car show idiotness...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Buickfunnycar, Nov 10, 2015.

1. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I certainly have not seen them...

2. ColdBastrd

ColdBastrd Veteran Member Gold Member

Yeah I don't get them. What are they supposed to represent? Your kid upset they you are spending their inheritance on a car? The kid touched your car and you made them take a time out? The kid is upset unless you give them a trophy? The kid is tired of walking around the show and taking a rest? They are counting down like you would to play hide and seek? I suppose I should ask a car owner wtf the kid doll on the bumper is all about on his car to find out but I never bothered.

They've been around at car shows since I am guessing the late 90s(?) and they refuse to go away. I want to punt them into a trash can any time I see one.

3. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Don't forget the pissing dogs CB with one leg up, usually with some water poured underneath...:rolleyes:

4. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

It was said that the Chrome Czars of Chicago had burnt a pouting doll at their car show - I think they put it out for flame thrower exhaust to burn it - to make fun of the "Gold Chainer" car show habits - since the group is into "Traditional Hotrods" = car show haters, lol.
    Well, this idea backfired. What wasn't thought about was the fact that a few little kids of theirs got traumatized. Yea, they thought the pouting doll on fire was a real little kid on fire, and I heard it freaked the kids out a little. Oops.:eek:

5. Buickfunnycar

Nope...can't do that in the PC world we live in.

6. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

lol

7. Buickfunnycar

I don't go to shows to nitpick cars Mike, I go to enjoy the scene and check out craftsmanship and new ideas but yes, absolutely...I am pointing out Ford stickers to Chevrolet owners simply for the fact they are more than likely unaware...that they don't belong.

Maybe at one point if enough Chevy owners stopped buying them, the Chevrolet/Camaro catalogs would stop listing them? :rolleyes:

8. 81BirdMan

81BirdMan Veteran Member

Awesome!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

This conversation reminds me of the time I was at Englishtown for the swap meet. There are tons of fake Z28's there for sale. Well anyway I happend on a "70" that looked an awfully lot like a 73. Didn't have the correct tag cowl numbers, had the "newer" style console, the seat belts were clearly from a later 2nd gen. Didn't even have the tell tale 70 accerlator pedal. Anyway got to the engine and it wasn't stock. He must have been around because he pushed past me and my friend, said, "Excuse me" and shut the hood. Must have been butt hurt because he listed it as a true 70 Z28. Don't list it as something it's not.

THose kid dolls?!?! Yea WTF is that about. I noticed the 50's style guys always had them. Figured it was a thing with them, then a few of the 60's-70's started with them. I just think it's stupid. Then there is the guy that has way too much going on. There use to be a guy had every Taz devil Warner brothers ever made next to the car, then a minature car he had painted like his on the dash. To each his own but it was a bit overkill for me.
    The one thing that I thought was cool, a bunch of teh guys that had teh 50's style cars dressed up like they just came out of the movie greese. It was sort of cool.

10. gammamaniac

gammamaniac Member

The kid is hiding his head in shame because his parent put a "Caution Fan" sticker on the shroud.