open style lug nuts

global warmer

Veteran Member
Apr 1, 2010
Saratoga Springs NY
Where are you guys finding open acorn style lug nuts? I want the extended ones, I am a former drag racer who went the pro touring route and I like the look of the extended wheel studs. When I see show cars with weld wheels they always have these nice open lug nut that is probably 2-2.5 inched long. I have been searching for a long time with no results

Any help would be appreciated, I also want to keep the long wheel studs for the occasional track day

sandiego74

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 23, 2009
San Diego, CA
I was going through this a month ago or so. They're surprisingly hard to find, but Ebay did turn up some. I don't know how good they are, but they are there nonetheless. I ended up getting the short ones from the parts store.

K5JMP

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 19, 2006
MORTUORUM VENATOR - Z.R.T.
John had custom lugs turned from stainless to get exactly what he wanted....
maybe he can hook you up with his machinist..
if you have a lathe and any skills at all, they aren't hard to turn yourself...

1934chevycoupe

Veteran Member
Mar 12, 2013
Harleysville, Pa
just realiezed you want the extended ones, that probably look like they are machined instead of what the Gorilla-McGard lugs look like. are you going to just have them on the rear, or on both ends. my axles are coming w/ 2" long studs, so i'm waiting before i source them. i had never thought of that look. probably would have to have like an inch protruding past the lug to look good.

77nomad

Veteran Member
Nov 20, 2009
Ski Town
My old Welds weren't acorn style. I got them locally though and just explained what I had. They were about 2" long with a washer and I think a step. But that was 15 yrs ago. I have wondered this too so an answer would be cool. Even though 2" studs an Torque Thrusts probably wont look good. But I will need open style acorns for a 1/2" stud as well.

Latest posts